Lauren

Lauren couldn't believe that she had been paired with Quentin. Out of all the thirsty groupies in the class who would kill for Quentin to just at least glance their way, I had to be chosen. Why God? Why me? She thought.

She never paid any attention to him. They were both 'popular' at school, but she never talked to him, well she never really had a reason to. One reason was because she didn't like his personality. He wasn't the 'mystery' one out of his group, he was the one that expressed his feelings verbally in other words an honest bully, in some cases though. Either way Lauren still just never had an attraction to him, he was sexy, she couldn't deny that but that was about it.

"I take it you don't wanna be my partner huh?" He said with his ghetto accent

"It's not that it's just-- well um-"

"Exactly." He started "And I don't want to be partnered up with you either, but I need my grade so I gotta do this shit."

He kept it blunt... All the time.

"Whatever." Lauren folded her arms and kept her focus towards the board

"Look we gon' be at your house or mine?" He asked obviously irritated

Lauren thought about that. She lived with her grandma, her overly religious grandma. She immediately denied the idea of him coming to her house.

"Your house." Lauren answered

"'Ight," he grabbed a sheet of paper and write his address down "We gon' meet at 8 tonight and don't be late 'cuz I got shit to do."

"Whatever, but write your number down so we can stay in touch throughout the project."

"Hell nah, I ain't givin' my number to no mo' of y'all crazy hoes," he exclaimed

"Excuse me?" Lauren scoffed

"You heard me."

"Don't fucking call me out of my name!" Lauren began to make a scene "Who the hell do you think you talkin' to?"

Ms. V approached them "What seems to be the problem?" She asked

"Ms. V I don't think I'm going to be able to handle to 2 weeks with him."

"Why not?" She asked

"He's an A- hole!"

Lauren now had everyone's attention

"Um Ms. V if Lauren doesn't want to be paired up with Q , then I'd be willing to switch partners," some girl said as she licked her lips and stared straight at Quentin with lustful eyes.

Lauren rolled her eyes at her thirsty classmate.

"No. No. No. No switching partners! Everyone will get along with their partner or they could fail!" She said obviously irritated "the chose is yours!"

Lauren sighed, loudly. She was annoyed and she wanted everyone to know it.

~*~

Lauren walked to the student parking lot if the school and unlocked her car from where she was standing.

"Lu-Lu!" She heard her bestfriend call her by her nickname

Lauren stopped in her tracks and turned around

"Yes Deadra?"

She was breathing heavy from trying to catch up with me

"Dang girl why are you in such a rush?" She asked breath

"I'm just really ready to home that's all!" Lauren shouted

"What happened?"

"I got paired up with stupid Quentin for that damn fake baby project and his mob of hoes have been harassing me all day!"