Unique

*pic of dustin at the top*

Once Unique stepped into house she hurriedly tried to sneak upstairs without making a sound. For the past week she had been out with Dustin and her friends past her curfew.

Unique slowly pushed her room door open and switch the light on, there sitting on her bed was her father.

"Unique, where have you been?" He asked angrily

Unique stared in disbelief "Um I was out was my friend Dustin and a bunch of her friends."

"Young lady I don't mind you staying out but I will not tolerate you coming in 2 hours past curfew. I'll let it slide this time but next it happens you'll be punished," he got up and headed to his room "Now get some rest, you have school tomorrow."

"What?!"

"We finally were able to get you into the school in this district, you start tomorrow."

"Fuckkkkk," Unique growled

"Watch your mouth young lady."

Unique sighed, she had totally forgot about the school in general. She wasn't in anyway excited about this new school and making new friends. Eventually though she did fall asleep, but she tossed and turned the whole night.

She woke up the next morning to her mother and father arguing. Unique crept downstairs and sat on the final step and listened to her parents arguing in the kitchen.

"I don't want to have to sit at home until 1am because you're still working," her mother yelled

"I'm sorry! I'm just trying to pay for this expensive ass house that you insisted on buying!"

"Don't even bring money into this, because the payments for this aren't bad at all," She paused "We'd probably have some extra spending money if you'd stop taking these little bitches out to eat and paying for cheap motels," her other shouted loud enough for the neighbors to hear

After that the kitchen was dead silent. Unique quickly decided to head up to her room.

This was something Unique had dealt with most her life. Which sorta explained why she was spiraling out of control in her old neighborhood and now beginning the bad habits in her new neighborhood. There was no peace.

Unique grabbed a tie-dye bandeau top out of her dresser drawer and a pair of cut up, acid washed high-waisted shorts. She put her hair in a messy bun and got dressed, she put on her yellow converses, a jean jacket, grabbed her backpack and headed out.

She stopped by Dustin's house as she stepped on the porch Dustin came out.

"Hey Dus, I came back to see of you wanted to walked with me to school."

"Sure," she said nonchalantly

"What's wrong?" Unique asked

"I've got a killer hangover from last night." Dustin groaned

Unique laughed "It's a good thing I didn't drink."

"Yeah, you're lucky!" She held her forehead on the whole route to school

"I told you not to drink so much."

"Well at least I had fun miss I-don't-want-to-get-drunk-around-strangers," Dustin mocked Unique

"I don't sound like that."

~*~

Once they arrived Unique and Dustin went their separate ways. Dustin headed to first class while Unique went on a quest to find the main office.

Luckily, she had accidentally bumped into the principal.

"Excuse me do you know where room 356 is?"

He looked at her "New student?"

"Yes."

"Well that classroom is right down the hall 4th door on your left."

"Thanks," Unique said as she hurried to her homeroom class

"Wait!"

Unique stopped in her tracks and turned around

"What's your name young lady?"

"Unique. Unique Adams."

"Alright Unique Adams I'll be checking on you since your a new student, just to make sure you don't fall into the wrong crowds."

"No problem sir," Unique turned around and rolled her eyes

Once Unique found her class, she was shocked when she laid eyes on her fellow classmates because she notice that Dustin and most of her friends all had the same homeroom.

Unique believe that this was the good life but she'll soon find out that this would be her downfall.