Chapter VII | Breakdowns, and Serenity's operation

At home, Lea was just sitting on her bed. Her cardigan was laying on her chair, and her shoes were laying on top of her cardigan. All Lea did while she was sitting on her bed was think about the time when she told Mokuba that she was scared that he might turn on her... 

**Flashback** 

"I'm just afraid you might turn on me." Lea told Mokuba, sadly. 

Mokuba was shocked at that answer, so he touched her shoulders and looked into her eyes, "Lea, why the hell would you think that?! I love you!" 

He then placed both of his hands to her cheeks, then he leaned forward and kissed her lips softly. Lea's eyes widened, but she kissed back while fluttering her eyes closed, and she felt a little tears forming in her eyes. Mokuba finally pulled back to face her and looked at her firmly. 

"Lea, just know that no matter what, I will always love you." Mokuba told Lea softly, as he gently wiped her tears away. 

Lea smiled as she still felt the tears forming in her eyes, "I love you too, Mokuba Kaiba. I love you too."  

Then she moved forward and hugged him tightly as she snuggled her head on his chest while saying, "I love you so much!" 

**End of flashback** 

Lea just sighed and gripped her necklace. She felt really bad for thinking that Mokuba might turn on her. The only reason she felt like that was because she was the one who always supported Yugi, and Mokuba was the one who always supported his big brother. This made Lea want to write a song, so she took out a pencil and paper and began to write down the lyrics. 

(A/N: Ok, so just pretend Lea wrote THIS song! And I'll be honest with you, this is actually one of my favorite songs, and it inspires me all the time.) 

The lyrics were written as: "What have I done?
I wish I could run,
Away from this ship going under
Just trying to help
Hurt everyone else
Now I feel the weight of the world is on my shoulders

What can you do when your good isn’t good enough
And all that you touch tumbles down?
Cause my best intentions
Keep making a mess of things,
I just wanna fix it somehow
But how many times will it take?
Oh, how many times will it take for me to get it right, to get it right?

Can I start again, with my faith shaken?
Cause I can’t go back and undo this
I just have to stay and face my mistakes,
But if I get stronger and wiser, I’ll get through this

What can you do when your good isn’t good enough?
And all that you touch tumbles down?
Cause my best intentions keep making a mess of things,
I just wanna fix it somehow
But how many times will it take?
Oh, how many times will it take for me to get it right?

So I throw up my fist, throw a punch in the air,
And accept the truth that sometimes life isn’t fair!
Yeah, I’ll send out a wish, yeah, I’ll send up a prayer
And finally someone will see how much I care

What can you do when your good isn’t good enough?
And all that you touch tumbles down?
Cause my best intentions keep making a mess of things,
I just wanna fix it somehow
But how many times will it take?
Oh, how many times will it take, to get it right?
To get it right?"

When Lea finished writing the song, she picked up the lyrics and walked over to her desk so she could place them inside a box. After she put the lyrics inside the box, she slowly closed the box and took out her key so she could lock the box.

After locking the box, she looked at it firmly while thinking to herself, 'I will keep the lyrics inside... Until I'm ready to sing it.' 

The next morning, the gang had all just gotten some news that Joey was missing. So they all went their separate ways to find Joey, but it turned out that Joey was nowhere to be found, so they all regrouped. 

"Yugi!" Both Tea and Lea called out, just as they found Yugi. 

"Oh, hey, Tea! Hey, Lea!" Yugi greeted the girls. 

"Any sign of Joey?" Tea asked Yugi. 

"Nothing. This isn't like him. I'm really worried." Yugi shook his head worriedly, before he and the sisters walked towards Tristan, who just got out of his motorcycle. He was wearing a red and black leather jacket with a white shirt underneath, along with dark blue jeans and black shoes. 

"Well, anything?" Yugi asked Tristan. 

"I didn't see him anywhere. I checked all of his usual spots." Tristan answered, with a sigh. Yugi just nodded understandingly. 

"There must be some place I'm not thinking of." Tristan pondered. 

"Why don't you check downtown on your bike?" Tea suggested. 

"Not a bad idea at all. We should split up and check every corner of the city." Tristan agreed. 

"It just isn't like Joey to miss his sister's operation. Something must have happened to him!" Yugi claimed, which surprised Tristan. 

"Yeah, he'd never let Serenity down!" 

"He was supposed to have gotten to the hospital to see Serenity at about 9:00 last night. So whatever held him up from doing that must have happened right after we left." 

Tea checked her watch, then she suddenly spoke up urgently, "Time is running out!" 

"All right! You guys should check up here. I'm heading downtown." Tristan urged the trio, before they began going their separate ways. Tristan hopped on his motorcycle and began riding off. 

"Joey, it's me, Tea!" Tea called out to Joey.

"And Lea too!" Lea chimed in. 

"Hello!" They both called out together. 

It turned out that the sisters found no sign of Joey, so they both went to look for Yugi and as soon as they saw him, Tea explained to him, "We checked everywhere, Yugi!"

"But we haven't found him!" Lea chimed in, as she was getting a little worried. 

Just then, Tristan suddenly showed up while announcing, "Hey, look who I found!" 

The trio just blinked for a few moments, until they discovered that they saw that Joey was riding with Tristan!

"He's got Joey!" Tea exclaimed, happily. 

"Thank goodness!" Lea smiled, as she put her hands together as in prayer.

"He's alright, and he can still make it to the operation!" Yugi exclaimed, happily. 

'Hope things go well with your sister, Joey.' Lea thought to herself, as she smiled softly. 

Meanwhile, the sun was setting and Yugi, Tea, and Lea had all gotten to Yugi's house to call Joey, and it turned out that Serenity's operation went well! 

"Hey, Joey. Serenity's operation went well?!" Yugi exclaimed happily, before he turned to face the sisters, who just appeared to be happy and cheering. 

"Awesome!" They both shouted together. 

"She's in the recovery room now." Joey smiled from the phone. 

"Who were those guys last night, Joey?" Yugi suddenly asked Joey. 

Joey's voice then became annoyed, "You mean those three butt-ugly chumps who forced me to duel? All I know is I'm gonna find them and win back my Red Eyes." 

"Well, I'll be there to help you, Joey." Yugi reassured Joey. 

"I know you will, pal. Listen, I'll stop by on my way home." Joey smiled. 

"You got it! Bye!" Yugi agreed happily, before he hung up the phone. 

After Yugi hung up the phone, Lea just pondered for a moment, wondering who the thieves were. Maybe one of them was the same guy who stole Yugi's Millennium Puzzle days ago?