Prologue

A/N on the cover image: This is what my fourth Yugioh OC Layla looks like. 

One morning, a young woman around 16 years old with long wavy dark blonde hair that reached her mid-back named Layla Miyagi was asleep in her bed. Now, Layla is not just your average teenage girl, she is very lonely and mysterious. She has no friends, but she does have her cat named Glee, whom she considers her best friend in the whole world. Her parents really loved her and they would give anything to be close to her, but the problem was that they were just so busy with work, her father is a pilot and her mother was told that she got a job in America, so she had to move there. This caused everyone in school to make fun of Layla because they think that she's a weird girl for being alone all the time, and that her parents never get to be close to her much. It hurt Layla so much that all she would do is use her black hooded cloak to disguise herself in public so nobody can notice that it's her and make fun of her. 
It was now 6:00, so the alarm suddenly went off. Layla slowly got up from her bed with a frustrated groan, she always hated waking up early. As soon as Layla woke up, her cat Glee also woke up while stretching and yawning. Glee was an orange cat with green eyes, she was given to Layla as a gift on her 13th birthday by her parents ever since Glee was a kitten. Since Layla's parents were not around her much, it was always Glee's duty to keep her company so that Layla could know that she's never alone and that she still has someone. As soon as Layla got out of her bed, she slowly walked to the bathroom so she could brush her teeth and wash her face. After that, she walked back to her room and put on her Domino High School uniform, along with long white socks and brown shoes. After that, she went to her mirror and brushed her hair, then she went into the kitchen to feed Glee and make breakfast for herself. She took out one slice of cinnamon bread and spread it with butter, then she sat at the table and ate her bread, hoping it would calm her down from her anxiety of being made fun of at school. When she was done eating, she began to head out to the door so she can be on her way to school. 
There Layla was at Domino High. She hesitated for a moment before entering the school, then she took a deep breath and went inside the school. As soon as Layla entered the school, she tried her best to ignore some of the students picking on her, but she was unable to and so she sent some of them glares and rolled her eyes at them. She then went inside her classroom and sighed, hoping to God that she would soon find someone who could be her friend. 

When school was over, every other students were still making fun of Layla as she walked past them. She became annoyed, and something inside of her snapped, so she turned around to face the students and glared at them furiously while yelling. 
"That's enough! So what if I'm alone all the time and my parents never get to be close to me much?! Just go pick on somebody your own size and think about whatever the hell it is you do to me all the time!" 
The students just looked at Layla, completely shocked that she was gutsy enough to snap at them like that. It was just so uncommon because Layla was usually the quiet and shy girl all the time. 
Layla then turned around and sighed as she quickly headed out of her school as she was on the verge of crying, but she quickly wiped them away so nobody could see or hear her cry. 

As soon as Layla was home, she quickly landed on her bed and buried her face into her pillow as she was crying. She just kept crying, and crying, and crying, until Glee suddenly jumped into the bed in front of her so she could get her attention. Layla obviously noticed that Glee was there, so she moved her face away from her pillow to face her, and she gently pet her, causing her to purr. Layla could suddenly feel herself smiling when Glee was purring. Everytime Glee would purr, it always cheered Layla up easily. 
Just then, Layla got out of her bed so she can take off her school uniform to get changed into her regular clothes, which consisted of a short-sleeved white buttoned-up blouse, black shorts, and white sneakers with long white socks. She then decided to go outside for a bit, so she quickly grabbed her cloak and walked over to Glee so she can bid her goodbye. 
"Bye, Glee. I'm gonna be outside for a bit." She told her cat softly, before she gave her a kiss on the head. Then she began heading out to the door and closed it behind her. 
As soon as Layla was out of the house, she put her cloak on, looking much like a Jedi from Star Wars, and began heading to the park. She just kept walking until she finally reached the park, and it turned out that Layla was the only one who could hang out at the park after all. She took off her cloak and sat down on the bench, then she hummed a little tune to herself, until she had finally decided to sing it quietly to herself.