Chapter V | Obelisk the Tormentor

Start from the beginning

"Good luck." Mokuba said, tensely. Lea took his hand, trying to be comforting, and she gave it a gentle squeeze. 

"Launching hologram projectors." The assistant announced, before the hologram projectors jumped out of Kaiba's duel disk. 

"With my new portable projectors, there's no need for oversized dueling arenas. It's time to duel." Kaiba stated, proudly. 

"Draw card. Accessing duel data base for optimal battle. Set monster card in defense mode." The Duelbot commanded, as it drew its card face down on the field. 

"I'll play this card facedown." Kaiba announced, before he placed his card facedown. Then he drew his other card and placed it on his duel disk. 

"Next I summon the Mighty Battle Ox." Kaiba added, before Battle Ox appeared on the field. 

Lea was amazed at the Battle Ox's presence, and she was starting to feel proud that she chose to use that monster back in Cyber Land.

"Destroy his monster. Axe slam attack!" Kaiba commanded his monster, before the Ox slashed the hell out of the card that was facedown. But after the card was slashed, it changed into Cyber Jar. Kaiba was shocked as hell. 

"Oh no! Cyber Jar!" He exclaimed, in disbelief. 

"Monster Cyber Jar, special effect one: Destroy all monsters on field." Duelbot commanded Cyber Jar, before it aimed its fire on Battle Ox, and he disappeared for good. 

"Cyber Jar, special effect two: Each player summons up to five monsters onto the field." Duelbot added, and Kaiba glared furiously at it while drawing as much cards as he could. 

"Set two monsters onto field." Duelbot commanded, before it drew two more facedown cards on the field. 

"I place four monsters on the field!" Kaiba snapped back, before he summoned all four of his monsters. 

"What a digital dummy! The robot gave Seto a huge lead." Mokuba exclaimed, completely surprised. Lea just nervously bit her fingernails. 

"Analyzing new tournament rules: Must sacrifice two monsters to summon Blue Eyes White Dragon." Duelbot commanded once again, which made Kaiba shocked. 

"What?!" He exclaimed, before Blue Eyes White Dragon suddenly appeared! 

"Now I'm in trouble." Kaiba told himself, a bit nervously. 

At Blue Eyes' presence, Lea hugged Mokuba from the side tightly and she trembled nervously. 

"Turn off the machine before he gets hurt!" Mokuba commanded, worriedly. 

"The Duel Robot already mastered my new sacrifice rule to summon the Blue Eyes White Dragon. If it attacks now, it's all over." Kaiba observed. 

"Opponent has card face down. End turn." Duelbot commanded, and Kaiba was smirking as he thought of a plan. 

Then he spoke out loud, "A big mistake! I sacrifice a monster to summon Dragon Seeker! In defense mode!" 

He drew his card and placed it on his duel disk, and Dragon Seeker appeared on the field. 

"Analyzing Dragon Seeker. Processing counter measures. Set one card facedown on field." Duelbot commanded, before a card appeared face down. 

"Summon Lord of Dragons in attack mode." Duelbot commanded again, which shocked Kaiba. 

"What?!" He exclaimed, before Lord of Dragons suddenly appeared! 

"Lord of Dragons' special effect protects dragons from all magic, trap, and monster cards. Dragon Seeker's effect negated." Duelbot described Lord of Dragons' special effect.