"I think all of my friends have had their fair share of murder sprees." Molly says, awkwardly laughing. Kai didn't respond. "Don't you want to show your family that you're not everything they say you are?"

Kai stopped walking, and so did Molly. He turned around. "It's a lot easier said than done." He says angrily. "For eighteen years I have been stuck here because of them. Can't you just let me have this?"

Molly took a deep breath. "Kai." Molly began. "I know you a lot better than you think I do, too." She paused. "And I know that if you tried... you can get better, you can be good."

"And what if they kill me first?" Kai questioned, trying to spit out reasons to defend his reasoning.

"I won't let them." Molly says quietly.

"They will kill anyone who gets in their way." Kai responds, "Don't you get it?" He shakes his head. "I have to do this."

"No you don't." Molly says, narrowing her eyebrows at him and grabbing his hands quickly.

Kai glanced down at his hands, and noticed how much bigger his were compared to Molly. He didn't want her to let go, he wanted to be close to her— what an odd feeling. But she had to let go.

Molly pulled her hands back quickly at the feeling of Kai beginning to siphon her magic burned her palms. He turned around and continued walking towards the cave before she could say anything else.

Her heart pounded as the two climbed down into the cave, it immediately felt more cold as they disappeared from the sight of the sun. Molly looked around as Kai approached the only spot where sunlight shined through the cave.

"You really think this'll work?" Molly asks, it echoed slightly through the cave.

"It has to." Kai says, placing his backpack on the ground and getting out the supplies. Molly nods and joins him in the circle of light. She looks up at the sky and squints to watch the moon creep towards the sun.

Kai stands up, ascendant in hand. He watches as Molly watches the sky. And he gently touches her wrist, she quickly looks down to see Kai with his eyes closed, siphoning her magic. Molly swallows, and watches him take deep breaths as he absorbs her magic.

Kai reopens his eyes. "You ready?" He asks.

Molly smiles nervously. "I guess so." She responds. He gives her the ascendant and she holds it out, her hands shaky.

"It'll be fine." Kai says, noticing her nervousness. Molly smiles faintly, and Kai begins to pour the vial of blood onto the ascendant.

Her heart felt like it could leap out of her chest right now. She wanted to go home so bad— but this was all happening so fast, she had no time to process what these next few days could hold for either of them.

"Okay..." Kai says quietly, glancing up at her and back to the ascendant as the two both hold it under the sun. He looks up at the sky as the moon slowly got closer.

"Where will you go?" Molly questions.

Kai sighs. "Wherever my twin is." He responds. "Then we'll complete the merge— and I take over the gemini coven."