"Your wish is my command," he drawled and grabbed a fistful of my hair, forcing my head down and meeting my mouth halfway.

"Wait," I said suddenly and he paused, his lips barely brushing mine. "I wanna go brush my teeth first."

He made a growling sound as I moved off of him and hopped out of bed.

"Hurry up!" he said.

When Allie called me two days later and asked me to hang out, I didn't really anticipate telling her everything that happened since we saw each other last at the fair. I knew she wanted to know more, and that was probably why she wanted to have coffee, but I wasn't planning on giving her a play-by-play.

It was a private thing, and I wanted to enjoy it a little while longer before the whole town knew Rhett Collins and Dylan Pennington were fucking. Not that I expected Allie to open her mouth and blab to everyone about us...

So with all of that in mind, you can imagine my surprise when the time came and I immediately told her everything she wanted to hear.

Boone was at work and Mia was at the babysitter's for the day. We were sitting at a table in the middle of the crowded coffee shop, our coffees and a couple muffins between us. I hadn't even started spreading butter on my blueberry muffin when Allie asked the question.

"So... what happened with Rhett over the weekend?" she said with a knowing grin on her pale, freckled face.

And that was when I told her. I led with the make out session during the cab ride home, and Allie was on the edge of her seat when I stopped around the part where clothes were coming off in Rhett's bedroom. I wasn't completely stupid. I wasn't going to give her those details.

"So you two—?" she smirked.

"Yeah," I smiled, but that wasn't all I said on the subject. Oh no, I just had to go a few steps further. "And he told me he loved me."

"What?" Allie gasped.

The truth was, it bothered me that I never said it back to him. At first I thought he might've let it slip on accident, since he didn't bring it up again. After that, I convinced myself it didn't actually mean anything, and saying it back now would just make things awkward.

"It was just in passing, I don't think he even noticed. So I doubt it means anything. It was probably just, like, in a friendly sort of way. The same way I love you and Boone," I shrugged, but Allie was looking at me like I was an idiot.

Yeah, I figured she might look at me like that.

"Right, because what you and Rhett have is totally friendly," she rolled her eyes obnoxiously. "Am I really gonna have to spell it out for you every time?" she giggled.

"Shut up," I grumbled.

"OK, well, speaking of hot sex..." Allie continued and blushed slightly when she noticed a pair of guys giving us curious looks as they passed by our table. She waited until they were out of earshot and leaned in closer. "Boone and I are trying to have another baby."

"Are you serious?" I said happily and she gave a slight nod of her head, the smile never wavering from her face. "That's amazing! I'm so happy for you guys!"

"I just went off birth control so it might be a few months before—" she shrugged.

"It'll happen. Didn't you get pregnant with Mia like, right away?" I wondered and bit into my muffin. It's not like I knew everything about Boone and Allie's sex life, but I definitely remembered her talking about it once.