PROLOGUE

The woman bursts running inside the room. The litle boy, playing with his toy-soldiers, turns towards her, surprised by her sudden entrance.

'Johan, come here, quickly!'

She starts packing a bag with what is most necesery, while Johan observes with interest. The bag is almost ready, there is but one thing missing.

She chants a spell and the secret door, hidden in the walls, opens to reveal a small corner, where there's nothing but an old chest.

Hastly taking a key off her neck, she unlocks it and for a moment stays silent.

Inside, there is everything she wanted to give Johan when he'd be of age. Birthday presents, ancient tales of their culture and history, the book she reads to him every night, of the Hero Yamaki and his crazy adventures.

She promised him they would finish it together...Stop having deams, stupid elf. You brought this to him, you knew it was wrong, yet you went with it. Time to face reality for once! She pushes the book aside, and finds what she hoped will never have to give him.

'Wear this, now!'

The boy does exactly as said, wearing the long-sleeved old, black shirt.

Trying her best to withhold her tears, she speaks to him, calmly as she can.

'Listen, sweetheart, we are leaving home for a while. Put your shoes on and meet me at the back door while I...just be there and I will follow'

The kid nods, while the woman runs back outside. Little Yohan wonders what might be happening.

He can hear people talkin really loudly, so maybe Mr. Tenno was scolding the Lenard kids again, they always play at his yard and occasionally break his windows. Or there could be a festival, even though they had one last month already.

He wears his shoes and heads to the back door. He stays there, when he hears talking behind the closed door.

'No, please, I have children, I beg of you, please!...'

it sounds like someone wants help, so Johan opens the door to offer a hand.

What he sees, is Mr.Tenno, with blood running of his nose. Atop of him, an enormous man with an axe bigger than the ones to cut trees with, smiles deviously before he brings it down on him.

Mr.Tenno's head flies like an ugly rock kicked by accident, and lands with an impact on a near tree.

The kid named Johan realises this is exactly what he was told may happen one day. A raid, wasn't it? He silently starts walking back inside the house, but the huge man suddenly takes notice of him.

'Huh? Why is there a...damn Darks, you just couldnt't resist, could you!'

He charges right at Johan, who runs at the door but there is no way he can make it in time-

Out of the blue, three black knives pierce the attacker right in the chest, putting him down instantly, in a pool of blood.

'Johan, are you hurt? I'm so sorry, I souldn't have left you a moment alone!'

The woman takes his face on her hands and checks for any injures.