"What makes you think anyone will even remember them?"

"I don't know." I shrug. "It's worth a shot though right?" I say and he purses his lips and nods slightly. "Hi," I greet the hostess as we walk into the restaurant. Very high end place. Food looks like it could run you a hundred dollars a plate; per person. "I was wondering if you could help me?" I ask and she smiles.

"Anything you want." She says in a low tone and I inwardly roll my eyes. Clearly I'm wearing a Valentino Custom Made Suit, which probably cost more than she will ever make in her lifetime.

I'm so out of her league.

"Is there anyone I can speak with that has been working here for a least about a month and a half?" I ask and she smiles wider. I hear Jackson trying to stifle his laughter beside me.

I elbow him and he promptly shuts up.

"Well I've only been working here for two weeks. Trying to pay for medical school, you know." She smiles again. Oh... well that's not so bad. "But I think Chad has been working here for like six months or something." She says then calls over a waiter who was clearing off a table nearby.

"What's up Jess?" He asks once he reaches. He gives me a once over and smirks. I swear, guys can be so gross sometimes..

"Well, these people here wanted to ask you some questions." She tells him, keeping her eyes glued to me as she speaks. "I didn't get your name."

"Oh, I'm Ashley Davies and this is Jackson Monroe." I tell her and this time I can't stop the smile that appears on my lips. She's staring at me and not backing down in the least bit.

"You guys cops?" Chad asks us and we both shake our heads and smile. I guess two attractive people in suits scream investigators.

"No, we're not cops." I tell him and he nods.

"So what do you want?" He asks, shuffling his weight to his right foot, and leaning on the hostess stand.

"We just wanted to ask you a few questions, that's all." Jackson speaks up in firm and commanding tone and I look up at him and smile. Look at him taking control.

"Is there somewhere we can sit?" I ask the boy who looks to be only about nineteen or so. He has pimples all over his face and braces. Deadly combination.

"Sure." He nods and leads us to a table. I turn back and look at Jess, which I'm assuming is her name since Chad addressed her as that, she's still looking at me with a smile. Can't say she's not gorgeous. Cause I'd be lying.

"So what'd you wanna know?" He asks once we sit down.

"Have you ever seen this man here before?" I ask him, pulling out a picture of the victim and showing him.

"You sure you're not cops?" He asks and I shake my head.

"We're not cops kid. We're lawyers." I tell him in a serious tone and he loosens up a bit. I guess he's had run in with the cops. I'm not too particularly fond of them myself, if we're being honest.

"Yeah, I remember him." He says nodding and then taps the picture unnecessarily with his index finger.

"When?" I ask, taking out a small notepad from the inside pocket of my suit jacket.

"I don't know." He shrugs. "Maybe like a few weeks ago." He says.

"Do you happen to remember if he was with anyone or not?" I ask and the boy looks off like he's trying to remember.

"Yeah!" He says loudly after a moment. "He was with a blonde woman." He tells me and I drop the notepad and paper on the table.

Spencer?...