Chapter 8

Cassie's POV

It didn't went that bad. I just ignored him and passed by him. I could handle this. I could. I repeated it to myself while changing into my bikini, and ran to the pool, trying to get him out fo my mind. But when I caught a small glimpse of his blond hair and blue eyes before I got out, something just felt weird about ignoring him. And definitely wrong.

As soon as I took a step outside, I wanted to facepalm myself for being so damn stupid. Three boys had their eyes on me, especially the curly one who seemed like he was about to jump on me. I might've forgot about this. Oh well.

-Hey guys !

I smiled a warm smile, hoping it would break the awkward silence that had fell.

-Hiya Cassie !

Oh shoot, of course the first one to speak to me had to be... The one I couldn't remember his name. Of course. It wouldn't be fun otherwise right ? I waved at him and went to put my towel on the floor, as well as my phone.

-You have a tattoo ?

That deep and husky voice send shivers down my spine. But not the nice kind of shivers. More the shivers you get when you're scared. Why was I scared of... I turned round to see the curly one in the water, his elbows on the side of the pool to keep him from drowning. Harry, right.

-Hum yes.

I tended to forget that my tattoo was quite visible, especially when I bent down. There was a new sparkle in his eyes, but strangely enough he wasn't the one to speak.

-What does it say ?

I looked up again, Zayn. He looked pretty interested, and came near me.

-Look at the stars.

They were both waiting for some more explanations, but I didn't plan on telling them why I had it, when I had, and all. So I just smiled at them before diving in the pool and cutting straight any questions about my tattoo. I stayed under the water until I reached the other side of the pool. I went up to breath, but I ended up nose to nose with... The unknown - I absolutely needed to ask for his name.

-Does your tattoo have something to do with Niall ?

I didn't have time to think, I just split all the water I had in my mouth on his face. Why did I even had water in my mouth ? I thought he would've scream, but no. He smiled devilishly, narrowing his eyes. Blue eyes, I noticed.

-Oooh, so you wanna play it that way ?

Uh oh. What have I done.

-Guys, you know what's gonna happen. She attacked me. Meaning...

-War has started ! Harry yelled.

Before I even get what he said, I was pulled under the water by a pair of strong arms wrapped around my waist. And the first thing I did was grabbing the unknown by the collar of his shirt to drag him with me. I then tried to go back to the surface to breath, but the two guys were holding me so tight I couldn't move. Finally, we all got our heads out of the water and gasped for air.

-SERIOUSLY GUYS ?

They looked at each other, suddenly a bit less confident. It was all that I needed. I splashed water at them before making a run for it. Once in the house I tried to find somewhere to hide, but I was dripping water everywhere and the floor was now slippery as an ice ring. When the two boys, Harry and Unknown - damn it, I really had to ask for his name - came running in the house, it didn't take long for them to slip and fall on the ground. I burst out laughing, the sight of the two of them entangled in the middle of the living room floor, wearing nothing but their trunks. But soon enough they were back on their feet and pissed off. Or that's what they tried to be but failed epically.

-CATCH HER !

I didn't even bother to check who yelled, I was already running around the kitchen table. The unknown was right behind me, and I screamed when the curly touched my arm but didn't manage to catch me.

-GET HER HAZ !

I ran straight to the front door, just when someone opened it. Someone being Niall.

-BABY CAKE HELP ME !

I literally climbed on him, laughing and screaming at the same time. And then I froze. I was sitting on Niall's shoulder, holding his head in my arms, my legs around him. Still wearing my bikini. Oh bloody hell. I was screwed.

No one was talking, Curly and Unknown starring at me with wide eyes and their mouth open, Niall looking at me with so much hope and happiness in his deep blue eyes. I was probably too in shock to even blush or move, until Liam arrived.

-Hey guys, did you all... Woah. Er... Hi Cassie.

-Hi, I croaked.

At least I could speak.

-You're okay ?

He seemed a bit worried, and then he turned to the two guys who had been chasing me all around the house.

-Please tell me you didn't do anything to her.

They shook their head in sync, too fast to make it true. Liam sighed, before gazing at me again.

-And er... Are you comfortable up there ?

I nodded, not trusting my voice this time. Everything was so awkward, until Zayn appeared.

-Vas happenin guys ?! Were you talking about Cassie's tattoo ? Cause I wanna know where it comes from !

-You have a tattoo ?! Niall blurted out.

-Yeah...

-It says "Look at the stars" ! Unknown added.

The look on Niall's face was like a stab in the heart. So much guilt, and pain, and sadness. This meant a lot to him, just like it meant a lot to me. I was everything for us, that's why I had it tattooed on my lower back when I turned eighteen,

-Told ya it had something to do with our Nialler.

That Unknown again. He was already getting on my nerves. But right then, I was only feeling empty. Numb.

-I'm gonna change myself, see you later.

With that I headed to my room, which had its own bathroom, leaving a torn boy and four curious ones behind me.

***************************

Yay an upload ! :D I'm really trying my best with college and everything, for you guys ! So enjoy it :3

Soooo, secrets and awkward situations... There will be a lot of these, yup. Otherwise it's no fun heehee ;)

Don't hesitate to comment and vote, and I got over 500 read which I can't realise yet, but still. I love you soooo much my pineapples, deluxe pineapples and juicy & sweet pineapples (or whatever type of pineapple you are)

Dedication goes to an amazing writer which whom I had a lovely conversation and who motivated me without even noticing :) Thank you !

Fanny xx