60. SO, THIS IS MURRAY

*edit sorry to those that read the chapter I totally edited some dialogue that I realized didn't make sense😅*

Hi, I'm back! Sorry, it's been so long if you didn't see my message I just moved into my new apartment and have been trying to get settled. I'm pretty much all set, so updates will be more regular until my classes start!

Not edited

____________

Once they were set on the road to Indialoplois Natalie started to finally feel herself relax, somewhat, but it was still nice to have a break from all the chaos. She let out a deep breath and ran her hand through her now tangled hair, hopefully after Jim takes them to this guy in the city they can be done with all this.

Natalie turned around to ask Joyce a question but found her and Alexei both sleeping in the back, and she smiled. Honestly, she didn't even see Alexei as a threat, unlike Jim who kept a constant watchful eye on the Russian.

"What're you grinning at?" Jim asked giving her a quick glance before watching the road again.

"Joyce and Alexei are both sleeping, it's sweet. Alexei really isn't that bad-"

"Yes, he is," Jim quickly interrupted, hands tightening on the steering wheel.

"Oh no, we are not starting another argument," Natalie said with a huff and slumped in her seat.

"He's a Russian commie scientist, how is he not bad?" Jim asked, eyebrows raised.

Natalie quietly laughed, "that part is bad, but as a person, he seems like he's pretty nice I guess."

Jim frowned at her, clearly a little frustrated and dare he say a little jealous. Natalie scoffed at his reaction knowing very well what he was thinking and she shook her head.

"Jim," she started and placed her hand on his thigh, "honey, you seem to have forgotten I am marrying you in less than a month and carrying your child."

Jim let out a sigh, pushing down his feelings that he so famously bottled up all the time. He knew Natalie's words were true, but he still couldn't help but worry that some younger man that was more handsome, smarter, or richer would come along and sweep Natalie off her feet. Of course, Jim knew that was stupid and so unrealistic, but he still thought about it from time to time.

"Hey, get out of that head of yours," Natalie said quietly as she moved her hand from his thigh to his shoulder and squeezed it gently.

Jim softly smiled at her and brought one of his hands up to hers and intertwined their fingers, "thanks."

Natalie smiled and rubbed her thumb over his knuckles, nodding. "So how long till we meet this mystery guy?"

Jim looked up at one of the signs and smiled, "about fifteen minutes, and fair warning, Murray is a little," he paused thinking of the right word, "a little out there."

----

Natalie raised an eyebrow at the concrete building that Jim pulled up too, it looked sketchy as hell. She slowly got out of the car when Jim parked and gently woke up Joyce and Alexei who were looking still very tired.

Jim roughy grabbed Alexei by the back of his shirt, pulling him out of the car, "C'mon let's go."He led them the front door and knocked on it loudly.

"I thought you said this guy was journalist," Joyce said and yawned, rubbing her eyes as she looked at the strange building.

Natalie hummed in agreement, "yeah this is pretty sketchy."

Jim looked back at them and sheepishly smiled, "uh yeah, he was."