16. I TRUST YOU

Very long chapter! Lots of Jim/Natalie moments in this, felt like you kids deserved it, I've been holding out too long on y'all. Season one is coming to close and then season two begins! YAY!

Also I know Natalie can be a little annoying in one section, but I felt that what I wrote was a very real reaction for what she was feeling.

THANK YOU FOR 10K READS OMG LOVE YOU ALL SOOO MUCH

Not edited

_____________________________________________________________________

Everyone piled into two cars, Jim's and Johnathan's, since they were apparently the fastest. Natalie glanced at the kids in the back seat as Jim speed through the town.

"Whose doing what?" She asked them.

"We we're going to play it by ear, you know?" Dustin said uncertainty with a small grin.

Natalie huffed and smiled at the kids before turning around in her seat, "why doesn't anyone plan?" She muttered to herself.

"Plans fall through sometimes." Jim said as he ran a red light.

Natalie stifled a groan and looked at Jim, "We need a plan. Why don't you boys get the pool set up with Nancy. Johnathan and I can get the salt, and Jim you get the hose." She glanced at everyone, "does that sound good?"

They nodded as they parked in front of the school and quickly got out of their cars. Joyce took El to go get her goggles and everyone split up.

"Where's the salt at?" Johnathan asked as he jogged next to her.

Natalie pointed at a small shed by the field house, "There, the city keeps it there for when it snows, well that's at least what Jim told me."

Johnathan nodded and then gave her a quirky grin, "Jim? Not Hopper or chief?"

Natalie's face flushed, "What?" her voice cracked, "What do you mean?" she asked him as she broke the lock off the door.

Johnathan went inside the shed and pulled out a wheelbarrow and helped her load the salt bags in, "I just notice the way he looks at you" he said with a pant as he threw a bag onto the pile, "I mean, c'mon Natalie you've always had a crush on Harrison Ford, he's older than you."

She scoffed, "By thirteen years, so thats a little much but who doesn't like Harrison Ford - wait are you implying that I like older men, Johnathan?"

He shrugged and let out a laugh, "I guess you do now."

Natalie's face flushed again and she rolled her eyes dramatically as she pushed the wheelbarrow out of the shed, "Well, what about Nancy?"

"Huh?" Jonathan said and looked everywhere but at her.

"Oh, so you like her." Natalie said with a grin.

Johnathan aggressively shook his head, "no, no way, anyway she's dating Steve Harrington."

"Isn't that the family with two Miniature Schnauzers?" Natalie asked.

Johnathan laughed, "How would I know?"

They both quieted down when they saw a grim faced Jim, who had his arms folded over his chest. They slowed down and he took a step forward, "Having fun?"

Natalie narrowed her eyes and handed the wheelbarrow to Johnathan and whispered to him to go inside. Jim turned around to follow him but she grabbed onto his wrist and pulled him back.

"What?" he asked her.

Natalie felt hurt flood her chest, "Um..." she paused, she was never very good at confronting people about things, but he's been so closed off about his feelings towards her ever since the kiss. It really has been bugging her, "are you okay?"