31. FOUND

Super long chapter friends! Enjoy and there is probably so many mistakes because my fingers were flying across the keyboard haha sorry in advance!

____________________________________________________

Natalie walked back inside the house and helped tuck Will into his bed to take a nap. She kissed his forehead and pulled up his sheet, "Is this too hot?" she asked him.

Will shook his head, "It's fine, I'll take it off if it is."

Natalie nodded and put her hands in her sweatshirt pocket, "Alright, well I hope you get to feeling better. Let me know if something new happens."

Will nodded, "It is still just the same now-memories, but I'll tell you."

Natalie smiled at him, "Okay, sleep well," she told him and shut his door lightly.

She walked back out to the den and saw Joyce on the phone again. Joyce groaned and slammed the phone back into the receiver, "He's not picking up."

Natalie sat down on the couch and shut her eyes, "He's pretty bad at picking up his phone, plus wherever he is, I think he's planning on staying there for a while since he told me to meet him later at seven."

Joyce raised an eyebrow, "Oh yeah? What does he want from you?" she asked.

Natalie opened her eyes and looked at Joyce, "I gave him an ultimatum, so I figure that's what he's going to talk about."

Joyce nodded and paced around the house again. A knock on the door made them both jump in surprise. Natalie got up and opened the door to reveal Mike. He looked up at her with nervous eyes and he was wringing his hands together.

"Hey, are you looking for Will?" Natalie asked him.

Mike nodded, "Yeah, he wasn't at school today."

Joyce stood next to Natalie and gave Mike a small smile, "Yeah, he isn't feeling well, I'll tell him you stopped by."

Mike took a step forward, "It's about the shadow monster isn't it?" he asked.

Natalie and Joyce looked at each other in shock before letting Mike into the house. They sat Mike down at the kitchen table.

"How did you know about that?" Natalie asked.

Mike looked up at her, "He told me about it on Halloween, after the thing on the field I just thought that would be it."

Joyce nodded and looked back at Natalie, "Maybe he can get some more information from Will?"

Natalie bit her lip in thought, "Yeah, that could work. I'll go wake up Will and you can talk to him."

Mike smiled, "Sounds good."

Natalie walked to Will's room and slowly opened the door to see him laying on the bed, stiff as a board. She tilted her head, he usually is sprawled out when he sleeps. She shook her head and pushed the thought away while walking to his bed. Natalie gently shook his shoulder, and Will's eyes snapped open. "Hey, Mike is here. He wants to talk to you."

Will sat up, "Okay, yeah."

Natalie smiled and grabbed Mike, who sat down on the bed next to Will and they started talking. She left the room to give them privacy, plus she knew that Mike would let them know what happened.

Joyce was in the kitchen making a peanut butter and jelly sandwich and handed the other half to Natalie, who took a large bite.

"Has Jim called you back?" she asked her.

Joyce shook her head, "Not yet," she replied and took a bite of the sandwich.

Natalie leaned against the counter and looked at the drawings taped around the house, "So I guess these are vines, but what do they mean?"