30. VEINS

Sorry, it's taken me so long to update, but I've been on vacation in LA! I got to go see Hamilton which was amazing!!!! Thank you for over 30K, I'm so shocked and thankful! Love you guys!

not edited

lol i forgot to name it again, hopefully no one noticed haha

_________________________________________________________________

The next day Natalie drove back to the Byers house extremely nervous, her eyes glancing occasionally to the woods next to her half expecting the Demogorgon to leap out at her. She rounded the corner and pulled up on to the familiar driveway that led to the Byers' cozy little house.

The sun was just starting to peak over the brightly colored trees as she parked. A cold wind whipped Natalie's hair in front of her face. She grumbled as she pulled away some hair that got stuck on her lips. Joyce opened the door and ushered her into the house. The smell of freshly brewed coffee and bacon hung warmly throughout the house.

Natalie took off her sweatshirt and draped it over the back of the wooden chair she was sitting in. Joyce placed a steaming cup of coffee in front of her and leaned back into her chair with a sigh.

"How is he holding up?" Natalie asked and took a sip of coffee.

Joyce took a big gulp of her coffee, "He's quiet, more than usual." she ran a hand over her face, "I just want this to be over for him."

Natalie nodded in agreement, "Yeah, me too." she took another sip of coffee, "Did you get ahold of Jim?" she asked her.

Joyce shook her head, "No, he wasn't picking up yesterday. I suppose I should try calling again."

Natalie watched Joyce dial the station, her foot tapping against the carpeted floor nervously, "It's Joyce again," she said into the phone. She nodded over the phone and rolled her eyes, "He's still not there?" she shook her head quickly, "No, no, no, I only want to talk to Hopper. Just tell him to call me the second he gets in." she hung up the phone with a sigh.

Then Will walked out of his bedroom and rubbed his eyes, smiling at them.

"Hey sleepyhead," Joyce smiled at him.

"Morning Will," Natalie ruffled his hair as he sat down next to her.

Joyce placed her hand on his forehead, "Are you feeling better?"

Will nodded, "Mhmm," he hummed.

Natalie tilted her head, "Still feeling a little weird?"

"Yeah," he replied.

Joyce placed her hand on his forehead again, "Okay, let me see," she said and then took her hand off with a confused frown.

"Is it a fever?" Will asked.

Joyce looked at Natalie who then placed her hand on Will's forehead. It was cold, unnaturally cold. She removed her hand from his forehead, "It's cold actually. Do you feel cold?" she asked.

He shook his head, "No, just a little out of it, like I haven't really woken up yet," he explained.

Joyce looked at Natalie nervously, her hand twitching by her side as she looked at the phone.

"You promised no doctors," Will said seriously.

Joyce nodded and relaxed, "I know, how about I run you a nice warm bath to get you feeling better. Does that sound okay?"

Will nodded, "okay,"

Joyce smiled and walked into the bathroom and turned on the water. Natalie got Will some cereal and set it in front of him and gave him a spoon. She sat down next to him and watched as Joyce walked out of the bathroom and dialed Jim once more before getting Will's attention.