50. A MOTHER'S INTUITION

I just love Steve's character sm, ugh may write a fic about him too why am I like this

I don't want to spoil this chapter, but before anyone says anything about how Natalie is sad over something, just wait for the a/n at the bottom if you're frustrated lol

Anyway enjoy this super long chapter *I also assumed Jim was short for James soo yeah*

not edited

_______________

After Scott showed Natalie and Joyce how electromagnetic fields work, they were both convinced that something was seriously up again. Joyce thought it was Hawkins lab, Natalie thought it was something worse.

"Listen, magnets are weird, but my rat problem, that has nothing to do with magnetic fields," Natalie said as she drove Joyce home.

"But when Hawkins lab is involved then those things are always right around the corner, so maybe it is affecting your rats," Joyce said, "so it's Hawkins lab."

Natalie let out a groan, she was starting to get frustrated, "They aren't my rats, and El closed the gate at Hawkins lab. The lab has nothing to do with any of this."

Joyce huffed, "Natalie I am how many years older than you? I think I have some weight in what I say here. It's mothers intuition thing, I know something is going on with the Lab."

Natalie tightened her hands around the steering wheel, "okay, fine you have a mother's intuition, but I know animals. Something like this is biological, not electrical. Magnets can not make a rat rabid!" her voice raised

Joyce gaped, "Hopper's been rubbing off on you, both of you have that same sour attitude."

"I am not sour," she said, "look I'm happy always happy," she said and plastered a fake huge grin on her face. Her grin slipped off when she felt her stomach flip, "oh man."

"What?" Joyce asked, clearly still upset at Natalie.

"I have to pull over," she said quickly and pulled her truck over and stumbled out of the car.

"Natalie! Are you okay?" Joyce said, forgetting their banter and racing out of the car to her side.

Natalie sat down on the grass, taking deep breaths, "I think I have the stomach flu or something."

Joyce squatted down next to her and placed her hand on her forehead, "you don't have a fever," she looked at Natalie really hard and patted her cheeks, "you're cheeks are fuller."

"Hey, that's rude. It's only five pounds. Plus, I've been under a lot of stress lately," she said a little offended, "I mean would you turn down free ice cream from Scoops Ahoy?"

Joyce's eyebrows raised and she smiled, "a mother's intuition, I think I know what's going on here."

"Hah," Natalie chuckled, "what're you talking about?"

"I think you're pregnant."

"Oh hell no, I am so not. That's the last thing I need right now," Natalie snapped and then her eyes widened. When was the last time she had her period? Two months ago? Three? She was always in a crabby mood and searching out ice cream around town like a bloodhound. She looked at Joyce, fear evident in her eyes, "I can't be, I'm not ready."

Joyce gave her a soft smile, "you would be the best mom, Nat. Everything's going to be okay."

---

Natalie dropped Joyce off at her house and watched her and Bob greet each other. Joyce exchanged a few words with Bob and he laughed and she heard a distinct 'I knew it!' from her car.