old habits

A few days later
"Hi bill" Elena welcomes him in. "Hey" Bill smiles "So your movie Thanks for inviting me" Bill says. "Well even though the movie came like a few months ago we were busy espescially ben and other things I had to do we couldn't watch it together he never saw it and you know we're on good terms so you can join" Elena says smiling. "Oh so like a late movie premire" He says as she nods. "speaking of where's ben" Bill asks. She sighs "with ava his baby mama for his son's picnic they have at his school" She looks down. "Oh those family fun times at schools how come you weren't invited your going to be Asher's step mom soon" Bill asks as he sits on the loveseat next to the couch just in case ben walks in. She shrugs "Ever since ava came to the picture the guys Have been giving a lot of attention she was his ex fiance parties taht I'm not invited too ben not even telling me ditching me everytime she calls he runs there I say it's ok that's his kid but Bill I swear She's trying to break us up he rarley spends time with me the only time he came for a whole day was when you called and came for the meeting If he misses this movie night and ditched me again I swear" She sternly say then takes her water and drinks it. "well we have four hours until the movie starts so hopefully he'll make it" Bill says looking at his watch. She nods "At least you came early thank you" Elena gives him a soft smile. He nods "No problem" He chuckles. "what" She asks. "you have a thing with blonde english people" He laughs even more and ELena laughs along with him. "seems like it but nope I just like who I like which tall hot guys who care a lot about other people which is ben" She smiles as Ariel runs in "Uncle Bill" Ariel yells hugging him as Bill hugs her "Hey Ariel" He gives her a dollar "Have fun" Elena and Bill laughing . Ariel giggles "Thanks" She runs to her room putting her dollar in her piggy bank. "I never asked what do you do now for a living" Elena asks. He nods "well now I'm a cashier and waiter also going to medical school" He says as Elena's eyes widen. "Wow" she puts her water down. "I started a few months ago" He says nodding. "Wow that's good" She nods "Very" She claps. "Thanks I work hard for the things I do" Bill smiles she smiles back.
3 hours later
"One more hour are you excited" Bill asks. She nods angrily. "He has an hour left to come" Bill reasurres her but doesn't work. "I haven't seen him all day it's almost 8" She sighs angrily and walks off. "elena" He yells after her. She comes with a bottle of red wine. "Elena no" Bill grabs the bottle. "It's fine I drink sometimes and it's one glass" She grabs the bottle and pours a small amount of wine and drinks it and leaves the wine alone after that. Bill grabs the bottle putting it far away from her.
One hour later
"Mommy it's you" Ariel yells happily jumping. "Yeah it's mommy singing" She smiles. "your a good singer" Bill says "Thanks" Elena looks around no ben.
another hour later
"that was pretty good for a comeback" Bill says as Elena sits back down on the couch after putting Ariel to bed. "thanks right now I'm starting slow" She says sitting down and sighs. "I know your disapointed I'm sorry That he didn't show up" He gets up "Thanks don't be sorry I'm sorry for you seeing what I live like now" She looks down. "I don't want to leave you here alone but I have work in the morning" He says getting up grabbing his keys. She nods and he walks out.
Another hour later
Elena sighs looks at the wine bottle pouring a glass about to drink it then stops looking at the bottle putting the glass down grabbing the bottle and drinks it.
30 minutes later
"Babe" Ben questions walking in on elena with her head down and half of the wine bottle gone. "Now your home" She looks up with tears in her eyes her mascara running down her face her pink lipstick smudged her nude eyeshadow smudged her hair all messed up like how she used to look when she was a druggie her old habits. "Elena what did you do" He asks in fear. "All you do is hangout with that skank all day and leave me in the dark" She yells angrily drunk at him with slurs. "elena your drunk" He sits next to her. "You abandoned me and my daughter while bull was here four hours before my movie that you've never seen promise tonight you see You keep ditching me all the time Parties that you or bruno don't want to invite me only Ava it's always Ava" She yells grabbing the bottle and drinks more as ben grabs it fast putting it away from her. She slaps his face and looks at her about to cry "Elena you were doing so well why are doing this" He asks kindly. "All you do is work and be with Ava and never with me" She yells "Want me to get knocked up by you is that going to get your attention" as ben is in shock shaking his head "Elena you need to calm down I'm sorry" He tries to hold her but she pushes him away standing up. "Your the reason Why I'm like this Ben All day all night is with her god knows what your doing over there if it's for your son Not all day you have a daughter too" She yells crying into her hands. "Elena baby your drunk you need to go to bed" He gets up holding her close to him leading her up the stairs as she's crying.
In their bedroom
Elena is laying on the bed crying. "Daddy why is mommy crying and yelling" Ariel asks in fear holding her teddy bear rubbing her eyes. "Don't worry about it" He whispers Putting her back to bed and walking back to Elena watching her rubbing her back. He then grabs his phoen calling someone "Oh hi Ben" Ava smiles. "Listen I uh I love asher but you keep calling and texting me to come over and I have a family I can't be there 24 hours a day It's messing up my relationship with my daughter and my fiance Please" Ben pleads with his hand on Elena's thigh. She sighs "so you want to spend more time with Elena rather than your son" Ava says trying to turn things around. "Yeah but also Ariel I've been ignoring my daughter I need to be here more I'll make the time for asher trust me" Ben says with frustration. She sighs "Fine make it work" She rolls her eyes in frustration. "I will" He hangs up looking at Elena sleep he takes his clothes off in his underwear and lays next to her stroking her hair sighing "I Love you".