"Hum theek hain. Tumhare Baba tumhe aur Faiz ko buhat yaad karte hain. Do saal hogae Minaal, ab toh ajao."

"Mein aoungi Ami. Kab... Mujhe bhi nahi pata. Magar aoungi."

"Doctors ne tumhare Baba Jaan ko jawab de diya hai. Samjho woh apni zindagi ke akhri din guzar rae hain aur tum dono se maafi mangna chahte hain."

Minaal closed her eyes as tears rolled down on her cheeks.

"Aap... aap ney humein yeh pehle kyun nahi bataya?"

"Kaise batati? Kia tum wapis anay ke liye tiyar ho? Nahi na. Toh tumhe bata ke kia faeda hota. Aj isliye bata diya kyunke mein darrti hoon us waqt se jab tumhe sirf pachtawa hoga magar tab tak buhat deir hogai hogi."

Minaal had started crying and had ended the call to not worry her mother. Just when she was thinking her world was forming into a proper place, it was already coming crumbling down. Her ill and lifeless father was on the verge of death, but he wanted to see her one last time before embracing it. On the other hand, the man she was finding her home in was also going away. Why was it always her with receiving such ends? Would her life ever fall into place for once? Even she had started to lose hope all over again. Wiping her tears off, she walked away instead of walking back to Aariz. He watched her leave confusedly but didn't follow her. But she had forgot her gift bag and coat on the bench they were sitting on. Aariz shook his head but decided to wait some time before heading to her home to return her belongings. Belongings. Only if he knew.

-----------------

She had shut the door behind her with so much force that even Faiz panicked. She rushed to her room and didn't pay any heed to her brother who was trying to understand what was wrong. She went in her room and dropped herself on the bed and started crying. She didn't try to be silence her sobs. This feeling was what she dreaded the most. Seeing people walk away from her life like this was what she hated. She feared. The friend she had found in Aariz was dear to her, she didn't want to let him go but she had no control over him. She can't dictate his life decisions.

Faiz knocked on the door and walked inside and got even more worried seeing her so distorted and torn. He reached her side who was lying on the bed crying her heart out when he tried to ask her.

"Minaal, kia hua hai? Please mujhe batao. Aise kyun ro rai ho!"

There was no answer. Just more sobs.

"Minaal pyaari? Please. Mein hoon na yahan. Tumhara bhai hai tumhare pas. Please mujhe batao kia hua hai."

She got up and hugged her brother and continued to cry.

"Baba Jaan theek nahi hain. Ami Jaan keh rai theen unke paas ziyada waqt nai hai. Aur aur..."

"Aur kia?"

Faiz asked as he caressed her hair and tried to calm her down, but it wasn't working.

"Aur woh bhi ja raha hai wapis. Woh wapis ja raha hai Bhai. Abhi hi toh woh mera dost bana tha. Abhi hi toh mujhe umeed nazar anay lagi thi ke meri zindagi mein bhi achay din aye hain magar mere sath acha kabhi hua hai jo ab hoga. Bhai woh wapis ja raha hai..."

She said this as she sobbed harder and harder only. Her voice was shaking, she was shivering with weakness and her eyes were swollen.