Sirius x Reader x Remus: Yule Ball

Start from the beginning

Days went and he did nothing. Instead, he was hanging out with other girls, flirting with them and it made you jealous, like really jealous. But you ignored it and continued walking around dreaming of him. He still talked to you and teased you but it was the same as usual nothing more, you started to lose hope.

"What do you think of this one?" James asked and showed another flower bouquet.

"You've shown me lots of flowers and every single one of them is really pretty, but they are all so ordinary," You spoke the truth. "Try to find one that reminds you of her, that screams her name every time you look at her, that's unique just like her."

James took a long look at every flower this time. He studied them and thought things through before he took up this one.

"This one," He said and held it up proudly. "This one is perfect.  Thanks, Y/n."

He paid and you both walked out.

"Am I doing the same thing with the chocolate?" James asked. "Take the one that feels right?"

"No way," You protested. "If we're talking chocolate you're buying the biggest one they have or a basket full of them."

James laughed at you and your love for chocolate. He bought a basket and asked Lily out the same evening. She was surprised by the gesture and absolutely loved it so she agreed to go on the dance with James. The following day James had a stupid smile on his face no matter what happened, he even left Severus alone for once.

Things didn't turn out good for you. You waited and waited for him to ask you out, sometimes you even considered asking him out yourself but your fear won. So you never asked him, instead you waited.

It was horrible, the constant desire while having him so close. Knowing that you can only tease him, every other kind of conversation would be weird, but still, you wanted so much more.

You wanted to be able to talk with him as a friend or more but every time you tried to make it a normal conversation you ended up making it all awkward.

It didn't keep you from hoping that he would show up and ask you out. Your hopes crashed down, just like Titanic or a student's IQ during the summer. People were talking about it everywhere.

Sirius Black was going to the Yule ball with Marlene Mckinnon.

And how did you take it?

You felt so stupid. So stupid for hoping, so stupid for dreaming, so stupid for actually believing that he might felt something back. And now you had nothing, no one to go with. You were ashamed of yourself for not taking the chance while you had it and for not making a plan B. Guess who's going to the ball alone?

This was the last evening before the yule ball, which is tomorrow, and you were in the courtyard alone as you tried to focus on your reading, but you couldn't.

"I'm useless," You muttered.

"No, you're not," A familiar voice said. It was Remus who just got here. "What's troubling you, dear?"

"Remus? I... Um... Nothing," You lied but Remus wasn't convinced, you wouldn't be either.

"Let's try a more realistic answer," Remus said. "What is it?"

"I had this guy I really like but he is taking another girl to the ball," You admitted.

"Did you ask him out?" Remus asked.

"No," You whispered.

"Why?" Remus wasn't trying to press you but he knew that talking would ease your heart.

"I was afraid to be rejected," Now you hid your face in your hands. "And now I don't have anyone to go with. My luck I guess."

"Didn't anyone ask you out?" Remus asked.

"Some did, but I turned them down because they weren't him," You muttered.

"I see," Remus nodded slowly. "If I asked you out would you accept?"

You were shocked.

"Don't you have a date?" You asked.

"I didn't have any certain girl in my mind so if I can offer my company to a wonderful girl just to make her happy I would gladly oblige," Remus told you. "So is that a yes or a no?"

You threw your hands around his neck and hugged him tightly. You couldn't believe your current luck.

"You're my hero," You said to him. "Thank you."

"See You tomorrow?" He asked with a satisfied smile.

"I can't wait," You replied with an equally happy face.

It wasn't Sirius but it was Remus. He was a wonderful guy, maybe you'll be able to get to know him better.

~~~~~

I have sinned. I'm so sorry for:

1. Not keeping my promise that I should write an extra happy one.

2. For keeping you all waiting to long.

I have to tell you that you are amazing. You shall all know that I read through my notices with joy and excitement. Everything time I see that I've gotten more votes or a lovely comment I just want to squeeze you all in a hug and thank you personally. I'll try to write more because I have to many ideas and to little time. Don't worry. I'll figure it out!❤️