Daughter Of Aphrodite

Rachelle's p.o.v

"Squad Leaders, roll call.  Lunarite?" 

"Here"

"Haley"

"Here" 

"Amber"

"Here"

Anthony went down the list until he got to my name.

"Well you're here obviously, you're the one who called the meeting" he chuckled.

"Order, order" I said, hitting the table we were sitting at with a small mallet.

"Alright, you all know the protocol by now, except for the demigods of course. I'm sure the rest of you are aware that you may have one private conference each year.  Before we start, would anyone like a private conference?" I questioned. Cadence, daughter of Aphrodite and Ares, raised her hand slowly.  I motioned her into a small compact room.  Don't question why we have so many rooms inside a tree, we just built it in a while ago.  

"In the meantime, lets explain what these meetings are for, to the demigods who have never been to one of these" Anthony suggested as we walked off. Cadence sat down in a chair across from me.

"Alright Cadence, what's the matter? You've never asked for a conference before" I asked.

"You see...you know how I'm a daughter of Aphrodite?" she said quietly.

"Yeah, pretty surprising considering you don't even celebrate Valentines day, or have a date to the school dances" I mused, but I was slightly suspicious.

"Well yeah...I've been asked a bunch, but I'm not into it I guess"

"Into what? Wait...are you saying, you're not into love?" I questioned.  She just stared at me, before she nodded slightly.

"That's right, a daughter of Aphrodite, who doesn't like love, but that's not the only thing, but I'm afraid that I'll make my mom and sisters, not Caitlyn obviously, but my other sisters that associate themselves with Aphrodite, well...I'm afraid that they'll be angry with me for this...." 

"What is it Cadence?" I asked calmly.

"...I want to join the hunters of Artemis"

"Okay- what's wrong with that? Sure, Aphrodite will be upset, but why does that matter to you? Last mothers day, she kept complaining about you because you're so pretty, but don't have a boyfriend.  Why care what she thinks?  If you want to join the hunters, then its your decision, not hers, it doesn't matter what your mother thinks.  If she loves you, then she'll accept your decision with just a few complaints at most.  If you think its the right decision, then its the right decision, go for it!" 

"Hm..I think you're right, alright, I'll do it!" she exclaimed.

"Great, you can pledge yourself to maidenhood, and the hunters of Artemis tomorrow morning with Amber and Kim!" I suggested.

"Amber is going to be a hunter? Hah, Apollo's going to have a fit!" Cadence laughed.

"You're making history here, I can see it now.  Cadence, the first daughter of Aphrodite to join the hunters of Artemis!" I laughed.

"Sounds like a good title to me. History books don't have any records of a daughter of Aphrodite in the hunt before, and there's probably been a few Apollo kids here and there, but I don't know" Cadence mused.

"Well lets go back in then, I don't want to miss the rest of the news" I said.

"You mean the gossip? Last time all we got at the meeting was about who broke up with who and who got into fights" Cadence giggled.

आप प्रकाशित भागों के अंत तक पहुँच चुके हैं।

⏰ पिछला अद्यतन: Aug 20, 2019 ⏰

नए भागों की सूचना पाने के लिए इस कहानी को अपनी लाइब्रेरी में जोड़ें!

Gods in Trainingजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें