Chapter 123 - Confusion Hearts

Mo Long raised his head and sized up the man in front of him. It was just that he hadn't seen him for a few days, when did he become so slovenly? Even the stubble on his beard appeared, making him look much more aged. Even though this didn't stop him from being handsome or charming, she still felt a pang in her heart.

She opened her mouth, but due to staying up late, her voice became much hoarser.

"Royal Uncle, why have you come?"

When Xiao Ruojun heard the way Mo Xie addressed Helian Yi, he was shocked. His eyes were filled with disbelief as he stared at the two of them.

Helian Yi and Mo Li ignored him, and Helian Yi lowered his head, looking at Mo Li affectionately.

"This King waits for your explanation!"

When Mo Li heard this, she pouted innocently and pressed her face against Helian Yi's chest. At this moment, her panicked heart calmed down a lot. Her guard was immediately lifted.

Feeling the peculiar expression of the little woman in his embrace, the corner of Helian Yi's mouth flashed with a proud smile.

After a moment, he looked at Xiao Ruojun.

"Brother Xiao, how do you think we should settle this matter?"

This sentence carried a rebuke that could not be refused.

Xiao Ruojun was stunned for a moment before he smiled and said:

"This King drank some wine and was confused for a moment. Fortunately, it did not result in a grave mistake. Here, This King is apologizing to this lady, and I hope that she can forgive me."

Then he stole a glance at Mo Xie.

Mo Long looked back at the pretentious Xiao Ruojun. Forgive him? If not for Helian Yi's appearance just now, she would probably have been his meal, waiting for him to slaughter her.

Yue'er and Guo Xiang's whereabouts were unknown, so she had to find them first.

When Helian Yi signaled for him to open his mouth, Mo Xie asked bluntly, "Where are my friends and maids?"

Xiao Ruojun originally wanted to make up an excuse, but when he received Helian Yi's cold gaze, he returned the smile and said:

"This King has only invited the two ladies out for a cup of tea and will be back soon."

After hearing Xiao Ruojun's words, Mo Long looked at him suspiciously. She was still curious about why she had become his target!

"Why did you want to kill me?"

Hearing Mo Xie's question, Xiao Ruojun was worried that Helian Yi would misunderstand, so he hurriedly explained, "I don't know the lady, why would I send people to assassinate her?"

"You mean that your men didn't come here for me?"

Xiao Ruojun nodded, "Of course not. This king only wants to make use of the princess of the Fusang Country to win Prince Guo's favor. Who knew that you would appear at the same time as her? This King has never rejected beauties, so naturally, I'm a little curious about you. "

Just as his voice fell, Helian Yi coldly spat out a few words, "Release him!"

Naturally, Xiao Ruo Jun would not stop him and not let him go, it was just that at this time, he would probably already be at the entrance of the city.

Seeing the two of them looking at him, Xiao Ruojun let out a light sigh. She took out a small toy from her bosom, walked over to the window and lit it up. Very quickly, a beautiful firework dispersed into the sky.