9 | Worst Funeral Ever

After speaking to Five, River went straight to Ben's room. She laid on his bed, falling asleep. Though she wasn't planning to.

A light knock can be heard from the door. River must've been jet lagged, as continued sleeping not noticing it. The door slowly opened as Diego stepped inside.

He looked around the room, most of it was filled with either books or a picture of Ben and River. He spotted River fast asleep on Ben's bed. He gave a sad smile before walking over. He lightly shook River waking her up.

Her eyes opened, looking confused. "The funeral is about to start," River nodded before standing up and heading outside with Diego. As she got outside the courtyard, she stared at Ben's statue.

May the darkness in you find peace in the light.

Her eyes quickly tears up as she read the plaque. She hated having to come up with that quote. She hated that statue. She hated being constantly reminded of how much she failed to save him.

Whenever she was forced out of her room. She would spend her time outside, staring at the statue. Before Grace would call her to do her training.

Everyone seemed to noticed River staring at Ben's statue as they gave her a sad smile. She quickly turned away from the statue, noticing their eyes on her.

Everyone had gathered around with umbrellas in their hands, except for Luther and Diego. River gave a soft chuckle seeing Klaus with a ridiculously umbrella. River stood next to Diego and Allison.

"Did something happened?" everyone looked concerned as their mom ask the question. "Dad died. Remember?" Allison examined their mom before turning to Diego. "Is mom okay?" Diego was now soaking wet. "Yeah. She just need to rest. You know, recharge."

Everyone watched Luther as he opened the urn, turning it upside down. All of them watch as their father's ashes flopped on the ground. River cringed at the awkwardness surrounding the air. "Probably would've been better with some wind," Luther stared at River. She held out her free hand, clearly being offended. She didn't know she was supposed to help.

River still did nothing, looking amused at the pile of ashes in front of them. "Does anyone wish to speak?" Pogo had asked them. They all looked around seeing if anyone was going to speak up.

Pogo had begun speaking about Reginald, with River clearly ignoring him. "Wow. No umbrella?" River whispered looking at Diego before continuing. "Is that supposed to be a statement" she quietly laughed at her own joke before hearing Klaus giggle, earning a scoff from Diego.

None of the sibling expected what would happen next. "He was a monster," River was taken aback as she heard Diego spoke beside her. His statement quickly earned a laugh from Klaus.

"He was a bad person and a worse father. The world's better off without him," now that was soemthing River agreed with. "Diego," Allison gave a stern voice. "My name is Number Two. You know why? Because our father couldn't be bothered to give us actual names. He had mom do it."

As on cue, Grace said, "Would anyone like soemthing to eat?" looking around. River was so tempted to say pancake. She hadn't had normal food when she got there. Only the airplane food and the sandwich that Five shared.

"Look if you wanna pay him respect. Go ahead. But be honest about the kind of man he was," Diego earned a glare from Luther. "You should stop talking now," Luther warned him.

"You know you of all people should be on my side, Number One." You guys are never on each other's side, River thought to herself.

"He had to ship you a million miles away," it was clear this argument wasn't going to end up well. River wanted to head inside not wanting to see their drama. But then again, she lived for drama.

They now began throwing punches causing them to back away. Vanya pulled Grace away not wanting her to get in the way. As Allison and River backed away. River was amused to see Five slapping Klaus hand away from him as he tried to protect him.

"Stop it!" Vanya yelled. "Hit him! Hit him!" Klaus started cheering them on. As much as River wanted to cheer with Klaus. She also wanted them to stop. River couldn't stand the sight of their siblings fighting.

Pogo had the left the courtyard, clearly disturbed at the disrespect they're showing at their father's funeral. Five then slowly left the courtyard with all of them watching intently.

River noticed how they got closer to Ben's statue. As much as she hated that statue, she didn't want to see it destroyed. "Stop it!" River yelled getting pissed. Vanya and Allison turned to see her hands glowing.

Before she could do anything. Luther had punched the statue down. Her eyes widen as she used her powers to hold it up. But like always, she was too late. A loud thud could be heard as the statue broke. River couldn't care less if Luther just got hurt.

She dropped her umbrella quickly dropping next to the broken statue. "No... no," tears now fell on her cheeks as she caressed the statue's face. Everyone was now silent, staring at her. "You pieces of shit!" She quickly stood up waving her hands at the two siblings.

They were both knocked down by the force that she sent. Everyone was stunned to see her lashing out. Whenever she was mad, she would direct her powers on an object and definitely not on a person.

Luther wanted to apologize but quickly stood up startled by her actions before rushing out inside. "You never know when to stop do you?" It was hard to believe that Vanya was now standing up against her brother.

"You got enough material for your sequel yet," Diego wanted to piss her off, and it worked. "He was my father too." Vanya turned away before heading inside. Diego looked at the mess he made, clearly guilty.

His eyes set on River. He wanted to apologize but was met with her cold angered eyes. He looked away before guiding Grace back inside. River turned back to face the fallen statue. "It's okay," she heard Klaus as he patted her back.

She didn't bother wiping the tears away as it was also raining. She didn't paid attention to her brother talking to the ashes on the ground. Ben darted his attention away from Klaus, looking at River. "It's fine Rivs. I'm here."

Klaus placed his hand around River's shoulder, practically dragging her inside. River was too stunned to move. She didn't even noticed that she was staring at the statue.