8 | The Book

"River have you seen this insane girl from America?" River glanced up from her computer. She had been looking through furniture for her client. Interior design was her favorite thing to do. She was glad that she pursued that career after leaving the academy.

"Who?" she looked at Ash who was sitting on her window seat. With a book in hand. "This Vanya girl" River's mouth parted. "Hargreeves? Vanya Hargreeves?" She was eager to find out if it was her Vanya.

"Yeah, Vanya Hargree-" Ash quickly paused realizing that it was River's sister. River had told him her pass, well some of it. He was the only one that stayed and wasn't afraid or wanted fame from her.

"Shit. Ri, I didn't realize," she stood up from her seat walking over to see the book. "Extraordinary. My life as number seven," she frowned seeing how thick the book was. Oh she definitely told everything in detail. She thought to herself.

She had now deserted her work and continued reading the book. She stopped at her chapter.

CHAPTER 8

River Hargreeves. She was a dear to us all. No matter what had happened. She was our rock. Besides our robot mom Grace, she cared for us. Even me. She tried her best to include me as much as she can. She was the best out of all of us. Maybe too much.

Five, River and I were close. Whenever Five and I would hangout, she would be there. Distracting us from our study. Five and her would always be mischievous. Always getting into trouble. She was also the reason why Five disappeared.

Though, I wouldn't have admitted that back then. But now, it was clear that maybe if she hadn't encouraged him to time travel then he wouldn't be gone.

We would always spend our time checking to see if Five was back. We would also leave out his favorite sandwich, peanut butter and marshmallow sandwich.

River's relationship with Diego was always chaos. She keeps on making fun of him. Using her powers as a joke. She would always make him fall, trip on nothing but thin air. It was a harmless joke and everyone enjoyed it. Mostly Klaus. Klaus enjoyed it so much that she continued doing it to make him happy. Knowing that he was terrified from his training.

Diego let this go knowing it was just a joke. It somehow made them closer. It was rare to see River not making fun of Diego.

Luther and River used to be close. But Allison was jealous of her and wanted everything she had. She somehow manipulated Luther's mind that cause them to grow apart, without rumoring it. She was getting good at living a lie that she didn't need to rumor anything anymore.

Of course after Luther had left her, River had to go to someone else. That was our brother Ben. Ben was another person that River was close with. Though they kept their relationship secret, everyone found out. They even decided to not be seen together making it look like they weren't close. That's why she spent most of her time with either Five and I or Luther.

Luther was clearly upset at the fact that Ben got her first. That quickly disappeared though, as he developed feelings for Allison.  

After everyone knew about River and Ben's relationship, everyone was supportive. It even made our dad be supportive too. He would always allow them to spend time together even if we were supposed to be asleep. They got freedom while we didn't and no one noticed that until now.

The two of them always comforted each other. Every time they both had finish their training, they would just stay together. Clearly traumatized from their training. River was haunted by her powers. She would always scream at night, waking up from her nightmares.

I've always wanted to check on her but Ben beats me to it. As I would head over to her room, I would see Ben going in her's as their room was next to each other. I wasn't bothered by that since he was the only thing keeping her from going insane. But it did take away our opportunity of getting to know each other.

River was afraid of her power. Hell, she even grew to be afraid of what she's capable of. There was a point of time where she got so scared of herself that she wouldn't let anyone near her. But of course Ben found ways to comfort her. They were happy together. And we were happy for them too even though some of us was jealous.

But of course, being a Hargreeves, all hell would break loose. During the mission that took Ben away, broke all of us. River took it worse. She used her powers to try to save. She even used the same type of magic that she was afraid of to save him. But she wasn't strong enough to control it. Instead of saving him, she ended up almost killing herself along the way.

After she had used black magic, it left her severely injured. And her hand was now turning black. After getting help from our mom and dad, she survived but had to live with that mark on her hands. That's when she started glamouring her hand to look normal.

She never wanted to leave her room. Dad had to basically forced her out of the room. Every chance I could get, I would check in on her. Her room was a mess. Everything was smashed together. And her things were thrown across the room. Mom had to clean it up everyday.

Then she finally had enough. On the fifth day, River left the academy to god knows where. All of us were always jealous of River. Dad wasn't that strict with her.

She was also kind. She got along with us well. She helped us with out problem without asking for anything in return. She got away with anything thing that she did. Dad wasn't hard on her and no one knows why.

Everyone says that Luther was dad's number 1 and yes he was. Maybe River was his golden child. But why?

River if you're reading this, thank you for being friends with me. I'm sorry but I had to do this.

River frowned. She had finish reading her chapter. Though it didn't really made her look bad, it still made her pissed that she had expose their family. She tossed the book back to Ash who almost didn't caught it.

Reginald hated her as much as he hated them. Only she knew that. Everyone thought that he actually liked River. But behind the those training room walls, he tortured her.

He forced her to use magic that hurt her. He pushed her limits. He made her use black magic. Demonic magic. Expression magic. She didn't know how to control it but he forced her to use it. But all magic comes with a prize.

It was chasing her. She doesn't know what. But it scared her. No one knows except Ben. That's why they got closer. They both shared fear towards their power.

She took her phone and dialed Diego's number. "Who are you calling?" Ash looked at her. The phone was just ringing and no one had answered. She then dialed the number that had called her previously. "Hi. Um... Can I speak to my brother Klaus?" she had dialed the rehab where he had been staying.

"Hey Klaus. Have you seen it?" Ash then quickly left her room, not wanting to invade her privacy. "Yeah! Can you believe she said that!" Klaus was pissed. Vanya had made him sound like a pussy in her book.

"I'm sorry about the Ben part in your chapter," River smiled. "Thank you," she could hear 5 more minutes being yelled over the phone, indicating the time he had left talking to her. "When are you coming back from the queen land?" Klaus wanted to see her. But most importantly, Ben wanted to see her.

Ben didn't know how to go to River so he was stuck with Klaus. "I- I don't know. I'll try to visit," but River knew that she probably wouldn't be coming back anytime soon.

Darkness | Ben Hargreeves [TBD]On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara