Thirty first scene

Začať od začiatku

Being forced to let go of the love of his life, even for few months, was being too painful for him... He knew what that meant, for the same had happened to him, aswel...

- I knew it hurts...

Miran, caught by surprise, looked at Abdullah, unable to hide the tears.

- It does. I miss her. So, so much... and now that everything was about to be right, Azize messed it all, as usual...

- You must be strong...

- I know... I know... There's so much to do before seeing her again...

- Yes, there is. First, you have to get better. That leg of yours... We can't stay here anymore... I have to take to the next level of physical rehab... I know the therapist is being extremely important but you have to move forward, to a specialized clinic...

- You mean, leave here?

- Yes, definitely! We go to Istanbul. I know exactly the right place to treat you and all has been arranged for you to arrive the day after tomorrow.

- Abdullah... - Miran was touched with Abdullah's commitment to him: - Why are you helping me? Why do you bother so much?

- My friend... I owe you too much... My silence, for all these years... I knew your story and Reyyan's and I did nothing. I only I had had the guts to say all I knew... But Azize knew how to shut my mouth and I stood I silence for all these years so, the least I can do is to help you and Reyyan in all I can...

- But how did she manage to...

- She knew about a secret of mine. And she blackmailed me... For years and years, until I played dead and she forgot about me. But I stood in the shadow and watched all around me, I watched you and Reyyan grow, I saw you picking her up at her home, sneaking from Nasuh... Well, I must say it was pleasure to see your love flourish!

- But, then... I did what I did...

- Yes, you sure did... and you broke her heart. The day she was at the main square, at the mercy of the people's judgement and prejudice... I took her in and tried to soothe her soul but she was so torn apart...

- You can't imagine how much I regret all I did to her...

- You don't have to tell. Life has taught me to read minds and eyes... And I can see sorrow and regret in yours. You can't fake that so... Count on me, my friend. I'm more than willing to help you and, as far as I'm concerned.

Ican only thank you because, at this moment I'm afraid I can't count on nobody... not even Firat...

Abdullah look at him. No, Firat was the last person he could count on, especially now he was the man of trust of Azize and, obviously, her real grandson... He knew Miran wasn't aware of that fact but he decided it wasn't the best time to tell him... The right time would come...

- So, it's settled. Tomorrow we pack our things and move to Istanbul.

- How can I ever repay you... my friend?

- You don't have to. Just focus on getting better and the rest, we'll figure out, later.

Returning to school had some benefits but, the biggest of all was that, at least, Reyyan could set her mind on something else than herself and her sorrow. 

Days were spent between theoretical classes and medical practice so, when she'd return home, at night, she would eat something and immediately go to bed, diving into her world of dreams, where Miran would surprise her and she would tell her everything she had lived that day...