Chapter 35- The Not So Out Of The Ordinary Things

Beginne am Anfang

____

Finally pulling into my designated spot, I get out and wait for Shane at the back of the car. He quickly grabs the suitcase and takes my hand as we head up. Waiting for the elevator was probably the quietest times of the whole trip back from the airport. Getting inside the house I lean against the door and bury my face in my hands. To my surprise, Shane's hands come around my waist and kisses the top of my head. He slowly pulls my hands away and mutters, "let's go upstairs, baby." He doesn't give me time to think about anything before he scopes me up. Once we get into my room, I do take notice how it smells so much more like him. Standing next to my bed, I look up to see him standing directly in front of me. He smiles widely down at me, which easily cracks a smile on me. He captures my lips and my hand reaches up to the top of his chest. Pulling away, "let's go to bed babe," he pushes my hair behind my ear. Mumbling an agreement, I look at the ground searching for a recently worn shirt. "Here," he hands me his T-shirt that he was just wearing. His bare chest catches me off guard. His quiet chuckle gaining my attention back. I slip my shirt off without hesitation before slipping his shirt over my head. Taking the yoga pants off, along with undoing my bra and tossing it across the room before walking into the bathroom and brushing my teeth quickly. Taking a look at myself quickly, I do look as horrendous as I feel and yet Shane doesn't seem to care. He passes me in the doorway for his to do his bathroom needs before bed. Jumping on the bed and cuddling into my spot, the blankets all made gives me a warm feeling on the inside.

A couple minutes after Shane comes in and cuddles into me. "Baby I never want to sleep without you next to me,"

His words send flares through my heart. It's almost as if my heart couldn't agree more. Looking up into his blue eyes, in the pitch black room, I believed it. I couldn't help but feel the absolute emotion in his voice.

"Me neither," our lips connect softly after that before our legs tangle together, my face resting just under his chin with my hand resting gently on his side, while he pulls me close with his arm. It feels so safe with him. It's completely true, it doesn't feel the same when he wasn't by my side.

________

Laying on my bed scrolling aimlessly through a social networking site. The buzz of a phone call comes it switching the screen to my mother's happy face, which follows the usual ringtone.

"Hello?"

"Hey darling, how was your day?" Her happy voice rings through the speaker.

"It was pretty good, what about yours?"

"Well that's what I want to talk to you about," her voice lowers to barely audible. "I went to the doctors," it was no secret to me that one of the biggest reasons my parents moved across the world to Italy was to get help for their problems. I was glad they both realized their problems, though my mother's health took a hard hit with the amount of alcohol she had consumed from her younger years until when she stopped. The large amount she did take in harmed a lot of organs in her body. Being only eighteen and living alone with my best friend is hard enough, but not having my parents to at all, ever, is especially hard.