Smooched into Silence

Flora's POV

"So, liked it gentle?"

"Shut up." I groaned at Xena, as she gave me one of her mischievous smiles. Aah, she knew me better than I knew myself.

We were sitting at the edge of the large sized bed, in Reece's room. I didn't even know if we were sharing this room. Last night we'd just fallen asleep here. Today, the day was over, and I thought to myself that after everything between us, sleeping on the same bed was the least of my concerns.

"I like this room, it's so grand, and I didn't think anything could top B3." Xena commented, looking around and I nodded. It was certainly fit for a King. My King.

"Are you nervous about tomorrow?" She asked me, her phone constantly twirling in her hand.

"No, I'm sure we'll be fine." I told her and she nodded, uncertain. "Did you see the security for tomorrow? I feel like that much security is making me nervous." She told me and I nodded. It did seem a bit excessive...but when I had voiced this to Reece, he gave me a 'don't-be-stupid' look.

My head spun to the open closet with my dress for tomorrow hanging out of it in a transparent garment bag. I was more nervous about being crowned Queen than some maniac wanting to kill me.

The door opened and Reece and Grey stepped in, talking over some of the last details for tomorrow. Everything had to be in order. Reece greeted us and Xena got up, it was late, and she wanted to crash anyway.

"I'll take you to Nate," Grey offered, and she gave him a smile. Normally, she'd have been all 'that's okay,' but we both knew that she would get lost in this maze of a castle. Soon Reece and I were alone, and my jitters wouldn't stop.

"Hey, hey hey." Reece cooed, coming over to hug me tightly. "You're going to be fine, Flo." He told me but I still couldn't stop shaking. I knew this was stupid.

"Flora! Nothing will happen to you – or Xena." He assured me and I shook my head – I knew that.

He hugged me tighter and I put my arms around his neck as well, pulling him closer. "I know that." I told him softly, and he pulled back a little to give me a curious look.

"Then what's going on...?"

"I-I'm going to be crowned Queen tomorrow." I tried not to sound as stupid as I felt, wasn't this a dream for many? Reece's expression morphed to confusion before his expression relaxed and a big smile came on his face.

"Worried you can't escape me now?" He asked, his eyes crinkling as he held back a laugh and I felt warmth spread through me. "Yes, definitely." I told him, matching his tone and he gave me a dark look.

"You were crowned Queen, the second I saw you in that hallway, Flora." He told me kindly and I shrugged. "So, all that about this being my choice and letting me forgive you, was just an act?" It was his turn to shrug.

"I would have never let you go, no one makes the same mistake twice," He told me, completely sincere and I gave him a mock glare. "So, I didn't have a choice?"

"Of course, you did, you could say yes." He told me, not letting me get out of his hold as he looked straight into my eyes. His penetrating gaze was letting me see into him instead. "What would you have done, if I had walked away?" I asked him, suddenly curious and a flash of pain went through him before he shut his eyes. "I would have not let you." He told me, completely sincere and I believed him. He wouldn't have. If I knew he was my soulmate then neither would I. You just had to make it work.

"So, you're saying I shouldn't be nervous now?" I asked him playfully and his smile returned as he opened his eyes.

"Yep, the right time to be nervous was when I was chasing you down the hall." He told me, laughing at the memory and I shook my head. I was nervous at that time, but for a different reason. "You pushed me against a wall that day!" I yelled at him, remembering stuff from that night was so hard – like he'd wiped my memory that day.