Magic 8 Ball

"Soulmates?"

"Yeah, soulmates."

"What are you? Three? I hope you know that Santa Claus is imaginary!" I chided, hoping to embarrass him but it had the opposite effect. Reece huffed in annoyance, staring at me through partial slits.

He was pacing all around the bed, while I was sitting on it cross legged. My head moved to follow him constantly and now it was tiring my neck.

"Can you stop moving?" I spoke in an irritated tone, and he did. He stopped to look at me once more, his hands in his hair as he growled in frustration.

Yikes. Animals.

"I don't know how you can be so thick headed! All the signs are there you just don't want to see it!" He started pacing again.

I was sure. Okay, I was pretty sure that Reece had officially lost it.

I mean, soul mates?

That was pushing it.

But these hints he spoke off... They made a part of me hesitate. The sparks for one. Wait, what else was there?

"I have no idea what signs you're talking about." I maintained my stand. Plant your feet.

This made him stop again. He then switched directions and stomped over to me. I suppose it was hard wired into his instincts. When someone doesn't listen or agree - show dominance. Like a weird combination of man and animal.

"No signs?" His words dripped of incredulity as he bent down and his face came closer to mine. I could see his eyes now. They were darkening just like before and a wave of anxiousness and anticipation coursed through me. I wasn't sure if I wanted to see 'The Wolf' again. He was one scary mammal.

Unable to speak, momentarily, I only nodded. Indicating that I didn't feel anything.

I mean, nothing out of the ordinary, it was just a regular butterfly tingly feeling is all. Right?

'I hope in time you believe in these sparks'.

Reece growled once more, causing me to lurch back immediately, my eyes tensing.

"Now you've done it." He said and then his hands curled behind my neck and pulled me forward.

But just before our lips met, he stopped. I could tell by the pressure he was exerting on my neck that this was incredibly hard for him to do.

"You don't feel this palpable tension? Or the sparks that are running down your spine at my touch? Or the fact that my presence immediately soothes you?" His words were a loud whisper and his breath blew into my face making my head whirl. He then released me and went back to pacing.

"Or the fact that it hurts when you approach another guy?!" He spoke the words with disgust. "And make no mistake - it works both ways! Everything about you pulls me closer to you - your scent, your mind, your body. It's unmistakable even to the dimmest. A single glance from you is enough to drive me crazy!"

My resolve and assumptions were being called into question.

This theory would explain so much..

"It's not a theory!" Reece yelled, throwing his hands up in the air.

"Goddess! You're leaving me no choice!"

I raised an eyebrow at him. Yes, I could do that.

"No choice?"

He stopped pacing yet again to stare at me for a moment in silent contemplation. I knew that whatever he was deciding wasn't going to be a good thing.