A friend in need (2)

Baba smiled and ruffled her hair "Go help your brother." Komal nodded and started chasing after the sheep and her dog followed after her.

After a few minutes of chasing, the children finally managed to round up all the flock. They sat on the grass gasping for air.

Baba opened his bag and brought out some goat fat and bread. He divided them into three equal peices and shared them with Komal and Yasar.

Komal secretly threw the piece of fat and the dog hurriedly gobbled it up.

"Baba. I want a new cap! I want to wear it during the mid summer's dance." Yasar mumbled chewing his bread and fat.

Their father nodded taking a bite "And what about you Komal?" He stared curiously at his 'unique' daughter.

Komal shook her head. "I don't want anything. After all I won't be going to that silly old dance"

Yasar frowned "where will you go then"

She stood up dusting her bum "in the woods with my friends of course"

"You don't even have any friends" Yasar shrugged

Komal glared at him "I do have friends! Like chirpy and munchy and doggo here" she said petting the shepherd dog.

He nodded "you mean your animal friends" Komal ignored him and kept on petting doggo.

Baba stared at Komal and warned " remember you must never cross the fence I've placed for you.

Komal nodded "yes baba." she tried to her companion and said "let's go home doggo" he barked and off hey went, running back towards the village.

Baba sighed "Yasar. You must look after your older sister for me" the boy nodded his head seriously.

Komal slowed down when she reached the village. All the towns folk were up and about, minding their own business and preparing for the dance.

As she strolled through the village, many people waved and smiled at her. She made sure to greet everyone of them.

komal made quite a reputation as the prettiest girl in the village. Everyone adored and loved her, well almost everyone.

She reached her home. A charming little brick house with a straw roofing. Her little sister was outside watering the flowers in front of the house.

Aliya saw her sister and smiled warmly. "Big sissy. You're back from the fields already?"

Komal nodded looking around "where's mom?".
"She left a while ago. Let me get my hijab" Aliya sighed heading inside. Komal followed her in "I also want to cover myself for once"

2