Chapter 26: Loose Ends

Start from the beginning

"And we ended up finishing it just fine didn't we?" He said. I nodded.

"Sean you know I just can't help it. I'm organized and like to get things done. I hate not knowing what to do," I said, continuing to stroke his chin gently. He rolled his eyes and laughed.

"Yeah I know Jake. I know." He pulled me into a hug.

"You should let this grow out a little," I said, pulling away and motioning towards his chin. His fingers scratched at it.

"You think so?" He asked.

"It turns me on," I said matter-of-factly before grabbing the pasta off the stove and dishing it out onto plates. His face went red and he tried to hide it. Cute. We went over to the table with our plates and sat opposite each other.

"So who are you wanting to invite to the ceremony?" He asked in between spoonfuls of mac and cheese. I had to admit, it was delicious.

"Um..besides my dad, I don't know. I guess Kim and her parents. They've been friends for years, despite earlier," I replied before scooping up more noodles. He nodded in agreement.

"Yeah my mom is definitely going to be there, I don't know about my dad," he shrugged. "I think I'd want some of my friends from work there though. Brandon, Cole and maybe Tori. They've been basically like the siblings I never had." I nodded.

"Yeah, I always liked knowing they were good to you. You hung out with those guys a lot after high school when we kind of lost touch for a little bit," I said.

"I'm glad we didn't stay apart. I'd be lost without you," he said, reaching across the table and taking my hand in his. "I suppose we have your brother to thank for that."

"What?" I asked confused. I tilted my head to the side. Sean cleared his throat.

"Collin asked me over that day, you know how we hadn't seen each other for a while? You gave me the weirdest look at first," he explained, causing the heat to build in my cheeks. "Why are you blushing?"

"Um, that was when I first...realized..well I...uh...I thought you were hot," I stammered. A grin spread across his face.

"Yout got a boner didn't you?" He teased, his expression was playful. I rolled my eyes and looked down at my plate. 

"Oh shut up," I said as he began laughing. 

"It all makes sense now!" He said, clutching his chest. He was basically wheezing. I shook my head and returned to my food. When he finally calmed down, he regarded me again. "You know when I first realized?" I locked my eyes on him.

"When?" I almost whispered. His lips twitched slightly.

"That night in your bed when we were in our underwear. We had done that so many times, but that was the first time I really noticed you," he explained.

"What do you mean?" I asked.

"I saw you," he replied. "I realized how incredibly attracted to you I was."

"I think Collin knew before either of us did," I said, blushing slightly.

"How so?" Sean asked, his chocolate brown eyes were shining again.

"He invited you over, he had been teasing me about not having a girlfriend, he wasn't surprised when I told him I didn't feel anything kissing Kim, and when I think back on that last day.....he was acting weird. He told me things....he implied things. At the time I didn't understand, but now I know. He knew. I just didn't get the chance to tell him myself," I said, sighing and relaxing back into my chair. "I wish he could be there."