Losing Emily

A/n: this is based off of S6 Ep20, where Hotch discusses losing Emily with each individual member of the team. Enjoy~!

Emily Prentiss X Reader

"So, why am I here? An evaluation? Are we gonna discuss Emily... or the five stages of grief maybe?" You sigh sarcastically.

Hotch nods.

"Well my stage isn't even on the fucking spectrum." You shrug.

"Which is?"

"Regret. I... Hotch I think it was pretty fucking clear I was in love with her," You mumble, "I don't care if you don't like me, I'm done with that shit, but it didn't take a profile to realize I was in love with her." You sigh, tears rising into your eyes.

Hotch places a hand on your leg.

"I just can't believe I am this much of a chicken shit. I was gonna tell her after this whole Doyle thing came to a close, but I was too late. And I regret it. And I will never stop regretting it." You sniff.

He just stares at you. And you stare right back.

"Are those constant feelings?" He asks.

"Basically. Sometimes it hurts a little less when I have something else to focus on but that's.. that's about it. I can't sleep unless I collapse, I can't shower without crying. Unless I'm doing this job I can't properly function. And it's not like I'm not trying to deal with this head on, but it's super... just... fucking... difficult!" You respond.

Hotch stands up, grabs a bottle of alcohol and a couple of glasses.

"Aren't we still on the clock?" You ask.

"Thirty more minutes." He shrugs, you chuckle.

"Thanks Hotch."