The Past Haunts Us

A/n: sometimes I just think of sad things that could happen in this show. Enjoy~!

"Freeze!" Spencer shouts, pointing his gun at the unsub.

There was a vigilante in DC, and even though they didn't have an ID, they knew who the next target was. Some pedo who got away with a case a long time ago.

The unsub has a hood covering their face, and they drop their gun, not turning around.

"I got the unsub in here!" Spencer shouts to his team.

The unsub slowly turns around, revealing an all too familiar face. Spencer almost lowers his weapon.

"E-Elle?" He stutters.

"Hiya, Reid." She says.

"You're the unsub." He states, she nods. "Why?"

"After what happened with Lee... I couldn't get the thought out of my head. I got angrier and angrier. You know how the story goes." She responds.

"Why haven't you arr- Elle." Morgan says, shocked.

"Derek." She says.

"I... I can't believe this." He sighs.

After everyone realized who the unsub was, Emily had to make the arrest. Everybody else couldn't move after they saw who it was.

They take her to the police station. Into an interrogation room, so she could sign a confession.

It's just her and Spencer. It's silent.

"I'm sorry." Spencer says.

"Spencer, I killed thirty-eight people, what are you sorry for?" She laughs annoyedly.

"I should've said something. To Gideon or Hotch. I knew something was wrong and I didn't tell anyone. Maybe if I'd just... said something none of this would've happened." He says sheepishly.

"...This was gonna happen either way. I still would've shot Lee, Hotch would've ordered a psych test even if you did tell them. It just would've happened faster." She says, grabbing his hand softly.

"Maybe not." He shrugs.

"I still would've had the same mindset. You telling them would've just made me angrier and moved this along quicker. So by not telling anyone, you probably saved more people." She says, "Look, I'm gonna sign this confession, and I'm going to prison. And there is nothing you could've done to stop me. It was nice seeing you, Spencer."

"You too, Elle." He mumbles quietly, before getting up and leaving.