Prolog

"I'm suffering from depression. I suppose it's getting worse and worse with me every day, I'm tired of everything."

Her tired voice, her boring expression on her face, her eye circles. Untidy hair, untidy clothes. The attitude that indicated she was not interested in anything. That's exactly what she was, that's exactly what happened to her.

"I think it caused my father's death. Since then I have stopped doing everything I enjoyed. Instead, I spend time at home, letting my friends use me, when they need something."

She stared at her with her big, golden eyes. But there was no spark in them, nothing could be read from them.

"I just don't think anything will help me. Maybe yeah, maybe I could start a new chapter in life, start with change. But I can't, I think I just can't. "

She sighed, rubbed her eyes, and looked at her mother sitting beside her. She had a desperate look on her face when she wasn't helping her daughter at all.

"Can we go home now?"

Yes, she was bored with life. Yes, she had enough of it. She didn't think it was worth living anymore? Yes. There was practically nothing she enjoyed. When she tried to do something, she no longer enjoyed it. She felt worse every day, she was trapped and could not move.

"Clementine Marsh, you came from a long distance. What brought you to this small town?"

The headmaster's voice disturbed her thinking, and she looked at him bored. She leaned her head against her hand as she sat in a comfortable chair.

"Mom, I suppose." She lifted her head and rubbed her eyes. "She wants to change my attitude."

Clementine sighed and looked at the secretary who was looking at her personal papers. She could see her sympathy, and it made her feel worse. She didn't need anyone to sympathy with her.

"I see you were a very troubled girl." Said the headmaster, as he took her personal papers from his secretary. "But don't worry, none of us will judge you here. You came here to fix yourself, didn't you?"

Clementine watched him carefully, wanting to see if he would sympathize with her. But he kept his neutral expression on his face. 

"I am no longer like that, or I am not trying to be. I know how it will make my mother happy, if I behave well."

There was pain in her heart. The pain that her mother caused. Instead of helping her recover, she sent her away. To have peace? So that she doesn't have to look at her daughter, how is she destroying herself? This destroyed her even more. But what else she could do about it, at least she didn't have to be locked up at home.

"Yes, I understand that. Here we will try to fix you, and it is up to you if you accept your change." The headmaster cleared his throat, and smiled at her.

 "Well, Clementine. Welcome to Ericson High School for Troubled Students, we hope you'll like it here."