C H A P T E R - 2 8

Start from the beginning

"Meet my friend Veward." I introduced Mr. Stupid to Darren.

"Hi! It's Darren." Darren extended his hand for a shake. Veward looked at his face than at his hand, then finally slightly nodded his head and shook his hand.

"Nice to meet you." Veward said with a pretty boring look that I badly wanted to hit some sense in him. I shifted my attention to the music to prevent myself from killing a particular person. Fast music had changed into a slow one which was quite relaxing.

"If beauty were time, you'd be an eternity and I'd love to have a tiny piece of your time to dance with you. May I?" Darren asked, placing the glass on the table and offering me his hand.

I switched my eyes between his hand and face. My heartbeat increased, not knowing what to do I just simply grabbed his hand and whispered a little 'sure'. Bre also winked and left. Maybe he found a partner too.

When I looked at Veward, he was looking deadly pissed-off. Like a dragon ready to burned his enemy, he was passing daggers on Darren with his red angry bloodshot eyes. Or maybe at me. But why? Now, what was wrong with him? But to be honest, I bit my laugh at his pissed-off face.

Darren led me to the dance floor where everyone was dancing gradually on the slow music. I felt awkward dancing with Darren on this type of music but it was already too late as he grabbed my waist and moved me forward, closer to him.

We, well personally, I started to dance awkwardly.

While the whole time I felt someone's deadly stare at me and I knew who it was.

I looked at Darren and he had a sheepish smile plastered on his face, as if, he knew Veward was practically controlling himself to launch at him.

Still, he moved me more closer to him and there was a bad and uneasy feeling appeared in my stomach. I felt uncomfortable, his touch was creating an awkward sensation.

When I couldn't make it more, I excused myself from him and went towards the bar counter. I could feel a strange tension increasing inside me which was so strange to describe in words.

In an attempt to relax, I decided to pick a drink. When I felt someone's presence behind me. I turned around and jumped on my foot when a full jealous person but covering it in poker face was standing just behind me.

"What the he...." My words got caught in my throat when he started to move forward.

He came closer and closer until he was just an inch away from me, practically interrupting my personal space. I could feel his breath fanning my face. My heart took accelerating the speed at our proximity. His ocean blue eyes seemed to look directly into my soul. Suddenly, he moved backward and made my cheeks red apple of snow-white.

I frowned when I noticed that he had picked a vine shot from the counter. He smirked and made an urge inside me to kill him.

"Let's dance." He said more like ordered.

"No thanks!" I said and about to walk past him when he grabbed my wrist and dragged me to the dance floor. Music was changed into EDM (Electronic Dance Music). All I could do was dance because we were already in the middle of the floor.

I surrendered myself to the melody, like dancing, twisting, turning, and let my body felt the rhythm of the music. Well, Veward was with me too and I couldn't stop myself but felt good. We danced together, changed sides until Veward was facing my back.

He came closer from behind and locked his left arm around my waist, pulling me closer and placed the glass on my neck causing a chill to run down my spine. He tugged me more closer to him that now my back was touching his muscular chest. I gasped at his sudden craziness. What was he trying to do?