Chapter Four

|Christina|

As I was closing the shop at 5, Zeke texted me, saying that there's a new resident that's going to be living at the Hancock building. He knows that I like meeting new people and making new friends, so I guess that's why he told me about it. He also gave me her name and apartment number.

I can't say that I'm not excited and eager, so here I am, fifteen minutes later, standing in front of apartment number 746, where Beatrice "Tris" Shailene Woodley lives.

I take a deep breath and ring the doorbell. A moment later, the door opens and a girl appears behind it. She looks just like Zeke described her. Shorter than average, blonde hair, blue-gray eyes, and..... is that a tattoo on her collarbone??

The girl looks up at me, her eyes widening in surprise. Her hand is clutching the door so hard her knuckles are turning white. She seems like a really nice person, and I should probably say something before she starts to freak out.

"I'm Christina, and you must be Tris Woodley!! I'm a friend  Zeke Pedard, whom you met at the police station. I'm just here to welcome you into Chicago and maybe help you if you have any questions." I smile and extend my hand toward her.

After a moment, she shakes reaches out and shakes it, though I can tell she's not comfortable with the gesture. "Hi, Christina. Yes, I'm Tris. Do you want to come in?"

I nod and step into her apartment. The first thing I see is her living room, which has a trunk laying in the middle of the floor with various objects in it, ready to be unpacked. A song I don't recognize but is the type I like comes from the cellphone lying on the coffee table. Tris stands to the side, looking unsure what to do. Looking at me, then looking away every few seconds.

"I like this type of music." I blurt out, just to cut the awkward silence in the room.

Tris gives me a small smile. "The song is called Arise by Flyleaf. Um... do you what some chocolate chip cookies?" she asks, holding up a pack.

"Oh my God, yes! I'm really hungry, had just close the store before coming here." I garb a cookie and bit into it.

Tris laughs, and it sounds genuine. "I hope I didn't gave you any inconveniences."

That sounds like something the Abnegation might say. "No, not at all! So tell me something about yourself."

"There's really not much to know about me," she mumbles.

"Sure there is! Fine, I'll start first. I used to work at the residential office before opening my own dress shop."

"You have your own dress shop?" Tris asks.

"Yeah. I'm really into fashion, so I thought I could do something that relates to that as a career. Now I design my own dresses and it's quite fun. Now, tell me something about you. Anything. Hobbies, where you come from, to name a few."

Tris hesitates for a moment before answering. " I really like listening to music, reading, drawing, and photography."

I raise one eyebrow. "And you say there's nothing to know about you," I joke.

She starts laughing, and then I'm laughing as well.

After a while, Tris starts to open up more. I learn that she comes from Indianapolis, and came here hoping to start a new life, though she won't tell me why, only that she doesn't like to talk or even think about it. Tris doesn't read textbooks, like I originally thought when she mentions reading, but fictional stories and novels that was published centuries ago, with titles like: The Hunger Games, The Fault In Our Stars, The Darkest Minds.