8

Granger stares at him with her mouth open for a full thirty seconds and Draco comes very close to standing up and clobbering her over the head with his chair.

It's Potter who clears his throat pointedly and taps his knuckles against the table to regain her attention. Granger blinks, promptly goes brilliantly pink, and starts tearing feverishly through a folder in front of her.

"So, Malfoy," she says, voice rather high, "How are we doing? Any new symptoms you want me to make note of or address? Excessive fatigue? Backache? Muscle cramps? Heartburn? Constipation?"

Draco splutters loudly and squeezes his eyes shut. "For fuck's sake," he grits out and Granger looks a little confused as she looks up. Draco doesn't have the stomach to look at Potter. "I'm-I'm fine. My lower back aches in the morning just after I wake up, but that's probably because of the way I sleep. It loosens up over the day; otherwise, I'm fine. Those potions take care of things."

Granger is scribbling away as she nods. "No fluctuating appetite now, I hope? Your nausea should be more or less receding by this point." Draco nods. "Good. Any cravings? Mood swings?"

"Yes and yes!" Draco bursts out at once, leaning forward slightly, feeling slightly deranged. "Give me something to keep the mood swings down. I can't be crying everyday for the rest of this pregnancy!"

Next to him, Potter stifles a snort and when Draco whips him a glare, dips his head between raised shoulders, hurriedly rearranging his face. When he turns, Granger is looking between the two of them with a small, twinkly-eyed smile. A little flustered, Draco reaches out and grabs a little sugar toffee out the pink, glass bowl on Granger's desk, unwrapping it and sticking it in his mouth before carelessly dropping the wrapper into Potter's lap. Potter catches it gives him a little grin.

"What have you been craving?" he asks Draco, who rolls his eyes.

Draco sucks idly around the sweet. "Did Potter tell you he bought Honeydukes?" Draco asks Granger who looks even more amused. "He bought me about twenty-five kilos of chocolate, Granger."

"Half of which he's already eaten," Potter points out, yelping when Draco smacks his bare forearm sharply with long, bony fingers.

"I wasn't particularly craving that much sugar when he did but now I do," Draco grouses. "All the fucking time."

"Hence, all the chocolate I keep bringing you," Potter sulks, rubbing the bright red prints Draco has left on his arm, "Merlin, Hermione, give him a sedative of some sort, would you?" He shies away, laughing lightly, as Draco gives him a half-lidded, haughty glare. "What else have you been craving?" he asks again eagerly.

"Shut up, Potter," Draco sighs, crunching on the sweet.

Granger is practically beaming at the pair of them now, hands clasped on her file, gaze flicking between them like she's watching tennis. When they both stop and look at her, she lets out a loopy little sigh and looks back down.

"Alright, so," she thumbs through the pages again, "Your weight gain looks normal - you're a little under actually, but your urine, blood and magical-signature scans look healthy enough so it's nothing to worry about. I am going to be starting you on some additional pre-meal potions, though, just a preventative so your digestion and bowel movements remain normal." She pauses and lifts wry eyes when Draco splutters again, smacking a hand onto his face. "Relax, Malfoy. Your blood pressure is a tad high and you need to avoid stressing."

"You know who I'm staying with right?" Draco asks drily, "I wonder why my blood pressure's high."

Potter looks genuinely worried. "Isn't there something we should be doing about that?" he demands of Granger. "Is it going to--?"