Chapter 7 - The Alfea Ball

[A/N: I used the proportions from a frame in the actual cartoon for the drawing above— so if it looks weird, blame them LOL. also I'll slowly but surely make the chapters longer as we go!]

•☽────✧˖°˖☆˖°˖✧────☾•

Magix City

•☽────✧˖°˖☆˖°˖✧────☾•

"I like that one... No, that one!"

"What, are you looking at it with your eyes closed? That color is atrocious!"

Selena and Nani glanced at each other in amusement as Brittany and Spark went back and forth, pointing at different dresses. It seemed that Spark's shell had dissolved like snow once she'd seen the city, excited beyond measure to see its wonderful balance of technology and magic. 

"Why don't we let Selena tell us what she likes?" Cyan suggested, winking

"Why don't we let Selena tell us what she likes?" Cyan suggested, winking. "That way we might actually find something she'll wear?"

A burst of giggles followed the statement.

"...Oh. Right." Spark blushed in embarrassment, fiddling with her wiry glasses. 

Brittany put her hand on her hip. "So, tell us then. What do ya like, Selena?" 

"Well... Hm. I'd like to wear something more traditional to Galaxia," Selena mused, tilting her head as she thought. "But maybe... a more modern twist? The gowns I have back there are pretty, ah... bedazzling."

"I know just the place! C'mon!" Brittany grabbed Selena's hand and motioned the other girls. They all jogged down the street and past an intersection or two when they came upon a large mall. Brittany led them up to the second floor where a couple large circle platforms stood, each with a few people standing in line behind them. 

"This place lets you summon any type of style with just your words!" Brittany explained, eyes shining. "Watch!"

She hopped up onto the platform. The other four girls gathered around her and watched with piqued interest as the blonde tapped her chin in thought. 

"Hmph... Solarian chic!" Brittany called, stretching out her arms. The machine started to buzz and whirl as a beam of transparent light shot up, encircling the girl on the platform. Within a moment the light vanished, leaving Brittany in a gorgeous gold-and-orange gown with beams of luminescent fabric looking like rays of sunlight down the folds.

"Whoa," Nani breathed. "That's awesome!"

"Y'know, you look a lot like Stella from the Winx," Selena commented with a giggle. "Especially in that dress."