Chapter 5 - One Day

[A/N: in case it's unclear from the chapter, this story starts by taking place sometime after S6 in the show and before S7... which we just ignore bc i have plenty of comments about those later seasons LOL. S5-6 too, but at least Bloomix is kinda a fire transformation... besides the name... anyway, here goes]

•☽────✧˖°˖☆˖°˖✧────☾•

"...The Winx!" Faragonda's triumphant words followed a heartbeat after Selena's realization. 

The six girls were adorned in fabulous colors and large wings, leaving trails of sparkles as they dipped and soared around the room. More "oohs" and "aahs" followed as the students watched their heroines display their impressive flying agility. 

Selena marveled at the beautiful yet powerful transformation they were in — elegant and warrior-like, appearing like guardian fairies of old that she'd see in a history textbook

"They look incredible," Nani noted. 

"And powerful!" Cyan added. 

"What transformation is that!?" Selena breathed.

"They call it Bloomix," Brittany leaned forward and whispered, pointing with her thumb at the girls. "I think it has something to do with the Dragon Flame... so I dunno why they called it Bloomix."

"Maybe because Bloom's the one who had them get it?" Spark suggested flatly. 

"Still. To name it after yourself? Yikes." Brittany leaned back, crossing her arms.

Selena found herself giggling at the comment, having to agree. Some kind of transformation spawning from her own powers would be incredible, but naming it "Selenix" would be... odd. And how could she claim the fantastical space powers that had been passed down for generations in her own name?

She blinked a few times, her mind returning to the present. The Winx had ended their mini show and landed beside Faragonda, each beaming as they gazed at the new year of students.

Faragonda clasped her hands together, recapturing the attention back to her speech. "These are the Winx, as most of you know. They have just achieved their greatest and most risky transformation yet — Bloomix, born from pieces of the Dragon Flame itself."

Several whispers and murmurs broke out at the comment. Bloom took the lead, stepping forward next to the headmistress. 

"Hello everyone!" She greeted cheerfully. "It's an honor to be here and welcome you to Alfea. It reminds me of my first time coming here — at the time, I had just started to realize I was a fairy myself. I went from someone who couldn't do a simple spell to, well... who I am today. Alfea is the place that helped me grow, and it's the best place you could be to start your journey.  Everything changed really fast for me, but... I couldn't be happier with where it's brought me today. And..." She glanced back at the other girls, grinning. "...the lifelong friends it brought."

Stella nodded, stepping forward to stand beside Bloom. "The outfit changes can be the most exciting part," she said slyly, causing many of the girls to giggle. The other Winx just rolled their eyes, but Stella didn't bat an eye at it, returning to some seriousness. "...There's so many things we've learned, and I think we still have lots of learning to do."

She reached back, grabbing Flora's arm and tugging her forward. The brunette ducked her head shyly, trying to avoid looking at the crowd.

 "...The things you realize you can do, when you never thought you'd be strong or willing enough... they're amazing," the nature fairy said, a smile spreading across her soft face. "And it helps to have those around you who believe in you, too."

Musa stepped forward with a grin. "It all comes with listening to your heart..."

"AND your head!" Tecna added.

"Then there's no telling where you'll go!" Aisha finished cheerfully, throwing her arms around the two other girls. 

"And most of all, we'd encourage each and every one of you to believe in yourself." Bloom snapped her fingers, causing a spark of magic to fly out as she winked. "...and that's how it starts."

"Thank you for your words, girls." Faragonda smiled approvingly at them. "I hope you all take this to heart. To many of you, they act as an inspiration — but I want to remind you that a few odd years ago, each one of them was just in your shoes. You have all the potential inside — let's see what it takes to get it out."

Selena felt her fists slowly clench with determination as the headmistress went on. I'll be like them one day, she vowed to herself. ...Maybe greater.

She wanted to be, she had to be... just to be good enough to protect her home planet. If not more... Galaxia had so much influence in the magical universe. To be its sole guardian would mean— 

"...and classes begin tomorrow!"

Faragonda's closing words knocked Selena out of her trailing thoughts. She snapped back to attention, glancing between the girls in her row. They had started to get up, chatting together. All of the other students had started filing away, either milling about in the commons or heading back to their rooms. 

"...You coming, Selena?" 

"Yeah." She looked up and nodded at Brittany, who had reached out a hand to her. She grabbed it, using it to hoist herself out of her seat. "Just got lost in thought for a minute." 

"Don't worry, you'll do great on your first day — I know it!" The blonde girl enthused, flashing a bright smile. "I'm almost excited for it myself... if I actually pass, I won't have to hear Wizgiz's same old freshman stories more than twice!"

The other roommates giggled. "Ah, I'm sure they're better the second time around," Selena joked.

"We'll just have to see."

The five of them hung around the common area for awhile, chatting and meeting with some of the other girls. The whole time, they had in the back of their minds to look and listen for one named Jaylin — the last roommate they had yet to meet or see. But not a single girl revealed herself to be the missing person. 

Meanwhile, Selena couldn't take her mind off the Winx's radiant display, her mind affixed on their powers. Their potential. Their strength...

She repeated two words in her head over and over again. One day...

•☽────✧˖°˖☆˖°˖✧────☾•