Chapter 33

This tour has been particularly hard for Avi, he doesn't enjoy touring at the best of times, and then there's this tour. There's a reason Avi's tours are always so short, he gets ridiculously home sick. But he's feeling out of sorts at the moment seeing as technically he doesn't have a home right now, he's just bouncing between Kirstie's place and Kevin's. But home is where your heart is right? Well Avi's heart wants to see Kirstie right now. Normally it's his family but now it's Kirstie. And it's her birthday soon, he's glad he'll be back for that, he's got some plans.
     He is excited to see his parents though too, as it turns out they're coming to the show and that means Kirstie will probably meet them sooner than she anticipated. There's also never been so much planning involved in him having a guest backstage, but it's only because she's a V-V-VIP. She doesn't want her fans to know she's there, because it's about him, not her, there are plans for a wig and everything, supposedly. Because when she shows up at sound check she looks like herself, and for that, Avi is glad.
     He stops mid song, puts his guitar down and gets off the stage as quickly as he can, his arms open wide for her. She isn't wearing heels for once, so when they hug she's holding him so tightly that he lifts her off the ground.
     "I missed you so much," she says into his shoulder, loud enough for just him. "At least you figured out how to use your phone to call me," she giggles.
     "Hilarious," he smiles as he puts her down. "I missed you too."
     Kirstie's smile falls as she remembers what she has to tell him.
     "What's wrong?" He tucks her hair behind her ears, his eyes stuck on her.
     "I have to tell you something, but I don't know if I should tell you now or not, it's gonna piss you off, so-"
     Avi's intake of breath is sharp, "My bike or my car?" His eyes are wide with panic.
     She shakes her head, "No, they're fine, I only went into the garage once the entire time you were gone and that was to let the car engine run for two minutes like you said."
     His hand went to his heart, "Then whatever you say can't be that bad."
    "Esther came to visit me."
     "What? When? Why didn't you tell me?"
     "It was only yesterday," she rubs his arm in a comforting manor as she continues. "And you and I didn't actually talk yesterday, I just got your message and it was late. Babe, she feels really bad," Kirstie sighs."
     "As she should, she tried to break us up, remember?" He is rigid now and less accepting of her touch.
     "Yes, she did, but now she feels bad, and you're still not taking her calls so she came and saw me. I think she hoped you'd be back maybe, but she apologized to me Avi."
     "As she should," Avi repeats himself.
     "I think you should talk to her," Kirstie shrugs.
     Avi sighs, "Kirst, she has done so much more than just trying to break us up. She ruined all my previous relationships, and sure they don't matter anymore, but she is the reason I don't talk to my brother anymore, she is the reason that I don't know where he is or how to contact him, or if he's st-. Esther was a good manager, but she was a terrible sister."
     "Was?" Kirstie frowns, "She still is your sister. And it sucks that you feel that way, but do you really want to lose contact with both of your siblings?"
     Avi's gaze is down and when he finally says something, it's not in reply to what Kirstie said, "I've got to finish sound check." He goes to walk off but Kirstie stops him.
     "Wait, please don't be mad at me."
     I'm not mad at you, I'm mad at the situation. It' not your fault she turned up at your door," he leans in and presses his lips to her forehead briefly. "You'll stick around?"
     "Of course," she gives him a small smile so he can make his way back to the stage. She doesn't know what to think, if she had any siblings she'd never want to let them out of her life, but then in any scenario in her head her imaginary siblings would never hurt her as badly as Esther has hurt Avi. She doesn't understand why Avi didn't stay in contact with his brother though, did Avi take Esther's side? Because otherwise it shouldn't matter right? Avi should be able to talk to his brother even if Esther doesn't. Or is it just because he moved away and cut everyone off, even his parents.
     Kirstie's mind is racing, she barely even registers that Avi is singing. She blinks a couple of times to focus herself and smiles when Avi's eyes meet hers. She loves his voice, he's captured her now, and that's why she doesn't notice her picture being taken.

A/N: Who took the picture? And what do you think is gonna happen with it?

It might also be time for me to start asking your thoughts on Josh, what do you think happened between him and Esther?

I hope you enjoyed the chapter, please vote and comment it makes my day :)

Hannah.