Chapter Two

|2|

~●~○~•~○~●~

July, 2017

Hajiya Sarah sits in the kitchen waiting for her muffins to bake until she hears the thuds of footsteps. She immediately turns around to find her first daughter Hawwa looking at her with tears streaming from her eyes.

"Mama. Aisha.... shes....."

Hajiya Sarah couldn't make out what she was saying.

Her daughter tugs on her hand pulling her out of the kitchen to where her other daughter was laying down outside on the varendah.

"Aishatu, talk to me. Its your mother fa." Hajiya Sarah says her hand tapping her daughter's face and her face too streamed with tears. She notices the bruises on her body and immediately carried her into her car. She turns on the ignition before remembering she has a sixteen year old daughter in the house amd muffins in the oven. She is about to go back into the house to fetch her when she meets her by the door.

"Mama, just take her. I'll come later with hammaand yaya. Just go and make sure shes safe."

Hajiya Sarah goes back tothe car and immediately drives to the hospital.

_________________________________________

"Madam. Your daughter is in a critical condition. She can hardly breathe. Her asthma attack was pretty severe let's not forget the fact that she fell and sustained some bruises. She wasn't given the required special care that was recommended. She acquired asthma at such a young age and she wasn't given the required care."

"Doctor please you cant say that." Hajiya Sarah said with tears pouring from her eyes. "Isn't there not anything we can do?"

"Right now we are doing everything we can. You just have to be patient"

Hajiya Sarah couldn't say anything more so she just continued with her dhikr.

_________________________________________

Hawwa was sitting patiently in the living room waiting for yaya to come and get her. Just then he comes walking into the room.

"Yaya. What did mama say? Have you spoken to her?"

"She's not picking. Just come let's go."

She immidietly wrapped a veil around her head and wore her abaya.

She entered the car and put her seatbelt while yaya turned on the ignition making a quick stop at nile university to pick hamma.

They reached to the hospital in no time and immediately walked in to find mama staring into space.

"Mama. What is it? What happened? Where's Aisha?" Hawwa asked holding on to Hajiya Sarah.

Just then, a bed was wheeled out witha person on it completely covered in a white shroud. No no no. This can't be. Hawwa thought noticing the familiar height of 4'9. No no. This can't be my 15 year old sister. This can't be. Yaya was the only one that had the courage to open the white shroud. On spotting Aisha's face Hawwa fell to the floor. She couldn't believe her eyes. Hamma just walked out without saying a word. Right from that moment, the whole Abdulrahman family knew their life would take a drastic change.

~●~○~•~○~●~

Hiyya guys. So even if this is a short chapter i still think its ok. Or wadya think?
Just thought i should give a little sneek peak to the past.
Let's see how the story unfolds

Share

Like

Comment

Lots of love, limsyy