1

Maglor was laying there gently touching the bandages that lay on his neck. He swallowed a bit as he lay there. The healers gave him something to help with the pain but he still hurt everything. He still prayed this was not some dream caste by Melkor or Mairon. He prayed that this was real and he won't wake up. The last couple of years were a mess he had been taken to Angband and tortured. Yet, Maedhros and Fingon rescued him. Yet his resume was a blur, he remembered the darkness of Angband then being carried put by Maedhos. Now, he was laying here with healers patching up his wounds.

He looked around and saw one of the healers leave the room and speak to someone outside. He listened to a bit but their voices where to hushed for him to make anything out. Yet, after a few moments, he heard someone enter and he looked up and saw Maedhros. He sat up slowly as the other healers left.

"Kano?" Maedhros asked gently.

He looked at his brother walked over and sat down beside him. "Kano. The healers said that you'll be alright," Maedhros said. He gave a look at Maglor but he just sat there looking down a bit. "You'll need to do some more healing and I assume they'll want to keep their eyes on you. But-" Yet Maedhros stopped speaking as Maglor grabbed onto his arm. Meadhros looked at him and met Maglor's detrimental expression.

Tell me what happened. What did they say? Maglor thought and hopped that his expression conveyed when he thought. Thankfully Maedhos seemed to understand and said, "Kano...they said you won't be able to talk. They do not think it will return. You may be able to make some sounds at some point but...your voice won't come back."

Maglor stopped though he felt the grip he had on his brother's arm weaken. He swallowed and opened his mouth and desperately tried to say something. Anything. No words or sounds came. He just was met with silence and Maedhos sad expression. He hung his head and could not hold back the tears that now streamed down his face. He felt Maedhros shift his arm away but he was then pulled into a firm hug. Maglor clung to his brother and let himself cry.

Maglor was petty sure his other brothers came in since Maedhos said, "Kano. Let go just for a few moments?"

Maglor shook his head though. He did not want to be left alone. He did not care if he was being childish. He heard Maedhros give a sigh and then retreating footsteps.

"I'm just going to get you water...can you let go just for a few moments?" Maedhros asked he heard him ask. Maglor let go slightly enough for Maedhros to stand up and grab him some water.

Maglor just hung his head his hair hanging over his face as he sat there. He looked back up when Maedhos sat back over and handed him the cup of water. Maglor took it and slowly drank it. He handed the now empty cup to his brother who just moved it to the side.

"Hey, why don't you try to get some sleep? It will do you some good." Maedhros said.

Maglor shook his head and opened his mouth and tried to talk but no words came. Tears came to his eyes as he shook his head. I don't want to be alone Neylo! I don't want to find this is a dream...I don't want to return to those nightmares. Maglor thought as he reached over and gripped Maedhro's sleeve again.

He looked up a bit as he felt a firm hand on his shoulder. "Don't worry. I'll stay right here, I'm not leaving." Maedhros promised.

Maglor gave a small little nod and laid down Maedhros pulled the blanket up over him like as if he were an elfing. He closed his eyes and fell asleep quickly.

~~~

When Maglor opened his eyes he found Maedhros snoring next to him softly. He slowly sat up and rubbed his face, he was thankful that no nightmares plagued his mind. He felt his stomach grumble and he reached out and gently shook his brother awake.