Chapter 16

Jennie's POV

The woman who called me — Dara — left a text, telling me that we should meet as soon as possible. She texted me the location of the coffee shop where we should meet. 

Who is this girl? i asked myself.

But she's Jiyong's ex, Lisa's brother.

wait..

"does she mean.."

if she's Jiyong's ex, would she be the one who Lisa told me..

"a cheater.." i mumbled through my breathe.

Then that woman was the one who had an affair with my brother? - my cousin.

I quickly grab my phone and send a quick text to Dara.

"I'm on my way"

-

Third Person's POV

Philippines 

"So.. where are we going? are we still going to speak in english language?" Nayeon asked, standing outside the coffee shop, "You should've told me so i did wear some fancy clothes, baegchi (idiot)" she uttered shyly

Lisa looked at her confused, "joesong haeyo? neo museun soli ya? meosjin os?" (i'm sorry? what are you talking about? fancy clothes?)

Nayeon was shocked, gasping, putting her both of her hands on her mouth.

"nan baboga aniya (i'm not idiot)" Lisa added 

Nayeon quickly bowed, "I'm so sorry. I'm sorry, i should've not told that. i was irresponsible of my words. i apologize" she muttered, bowing continously. (a/n: they are already speaking in korean language, i just wrote it in english)

"It's okay, i am not sensitive"

Nayeon stopped what she was doing and looked at Lisa hesitantly, before showing her forced bunny smile.

"come on" Lisa uttered and started walking.

Nayeon followed, "wait! where are we going?"

"You are going to accompany me in grocery store" 

"Excuse me?" Nayeon stopped walking, which Lisa did too.

"Excuse you?"

"So we aren't going to eat in a fancy store?"

"What?"

"A date! Lisa!" 

Lisa laughed, " a date? woah missy,"

Nayoen huffed angrily, "you just drag me out in my work!"

"Yes, and i'm going to pay you right? Miss Im, you're getting too far"

Nayeon throw a punches on Lisa's arm, "You're so annoying! i hate you!"

-

Korea

"Jennie?" 

a woman spoke behind Jennie causing her to turned around and stand up on her seat.

"Jennie Kim" Jennie smiled and Dara reciprocates it.

"Sandara Park" Dara introduced herself before taking a sit.

Jennie stared at Dara with no emotion, it's like examining every detail of her face. Dara gulped, sensing Jennie's cold stare.

"I'm sorry"

Dara mumbled, loooking straightly on Jennie's eye, "It's not my intention"

Jennie nodded and Dara gets the signal for her to continue what she was saying.

"I want Jiyong to win. It's his biggest dream, to make his family proud" Dara spoke softly but sadly, "Seunghyun and i had a past before, it was private relationship because my family was very strict. He was a great partner, caring and loving at first but things changes since he became successful. To make the story short, i caught your cousin, sleeping in our bed with another woman. We broke up after knowing his doings. He wanted me back but i never wanted him anymore. Year had past, I met my lovely Jiyong.." Dara inhaled and smiled before speaking, "He was million times caring and loving person than Seunghyun. He was the best. I loved him with all my being and always will"

Jennie didn't say anything, love is a strong word.. she thought. she needs to know the whole truth before speaking.

"Jiyong's family was well known, her father being the current governor. Him as City's councilor and Lisa, being the leader of the hall in her young age. They're basically the best role leader and the best family. I remember Yuna, that cute kid" Dara smiled on her last sentence.

They're are the best family.. that was before.. Jennie thought.

"That was before" Jennie finally speaks, but in a cold way.

"I know"

"Okay"

Dara smiled sadly and opened her mouth again, "Jiyong was a great man and partner, his dream was to be like their father. He wants her family to be proud of him, so as lisa. So when he got the chance to enter the world of politics, he got excited and wanted to follow every footsteps their father made. He was our city's counselor before and he was already planning on running as city's mayor. There was a nigh, that night.. Your cousin showed up infront of my house. Seunghyun wants me back, telling me he regreted all he did back then. But I didn't want him anymore so I told him to never show up his face anymore" Dara breathed

"Okay?" Jennie was all ears, not letting any words dara spits to fade. She needs every information.

"Your cousin, Seunghyun.. Threatened me.. us" Dara's jaw clenched, "and it was my biggest regret, my mistake to let myself fear him"

"What happened?"

"He asked me to spend just one night with him, but before you speak or think of something. That night I was referring is, watch movies like movie marathon. Just a friend, a closure to be exact. I wanted to ask him why. he was weird all of a sudden and because I wanted him to stay away so bad, I let myself spends time with him. That night, I know.. I just know, I hated him more.. Your cousin drugged my juice.. and took a photo of us then he sent it to Jiyong.." Dara finished her sentence with a tear rolled down.

"I-i'm sorry.."

Jennie's heart clenched because of what Dara said. Now, she starts to understand why Lisa acted that way.

Dara smiled sadly, "it's okay. I just want you to tell something, but don't get mad at me"

"What is it?"

"I know what happened between you and Lisa. Actually, me and lisa never talked to each other since Jiyong died. She never wants to hear my explanation.. She never listen.." Dara chuckled, wiping her tears, "but I can't blame lisa to do that thing. She loves her siblings so much"

Jennie bit her bottom lip, noticing a tear drops on the table. She wiped those tears on her cheeks.

"You and Lisa can fix this problem. I see how you two so inlove with each other. You changed her, Jennie. Let her explain, she had reasons why she did that"

"B-but, what if, s-she doesn't want me anymore?" Jennie asked sadly, choking in her own words.

"She will always will, Jen. Just believe"

"I don't know where she is, it's been months since we broke up... I don't know.."

"Philippines" Dara uttered that made Jennie looked at her

"What?"

"She's in the Philippines"

"How did you know?"

"I saw her friend, Kang Seulgi, posted a picture and Lisa was in the background. I thought she didn't noticed it.."

"Sandara.."

"Go Jennie, get you girl. If you need help, I'm just here for you"

Jennie smiled between her tears, "Thank you so much"

-

hi :>

tell me your gender, my dear lovely readers. (just starting a lame conversation, kinda bored)