vii. we have everything

CHAPTER VII.

▇▇▇▇▇

kunar province, afg.
5 hours ago

As expected, Rhodey had also argued against Elliott coming to the presentation, but it had only taken her a minute to convince him to allow her onto the Stark jet. And after a quick, 23 hour flight, during which the teenager binged several movies, the vehicle touched down on the tarmac at the military base in the Kunar Province of Afghanistan.

"General," Tony nodded as he stepped off the plane, his teenage daughter at his heels. She gripped the sides of her camera lightly, looking around and wondering if her uncle could get her permission to photograph.

The older man held out his hand, shaking the older Starks. "Mr Stark. We look forward to your weapons presentation." He glanced to the side, eyes lingering on Elliott, then moving back to Tony. "I'm not sure this is an appropriate event for children."

Tony opened his mouth to speak for his daughter, but before he could, Elliott took a step forward and held out her hand for the general to shake. "The child has a name," she sneered, rolling her eyes when the man pulled away his hand. "It's Elliott. Elliott Stark." Knowing that the desert air could hold a ferocious bite, the girl had pulled dark blue Stark Industries sweatshirt over her clothing during the long flight.

Laughing awkwardly, the general looked back up at the father. "She's definitely—"

"A Stark?" the girl questioned, raising her eyebrows. "Yeah, I get that a lot. And I'm fifteen, by the way." A satisfied smile on her face, Elliott took a step back to stand next to her uncle, who put on a hand on her shoulder.

Hiding his own smile, Tony raised his hands in submission. "Well, the queen hath spoken." He shrugged lightly began to lead his daughter away from the man with Rhodey, towards the vehicles that would be taking them to the site of the demonstration. As they walked away, he called over his shoulder; "And if anything happens to her, remember what it is I'm selling."

Raising her eyebrows in exasperation and shaking her head, Elliott looked up at her uncle. "He really just threatened to nuke a military base?"

"He's your dad," Rhodey breathed, "you know he's a loose cannon."