Chapter 5 - Cora

Derek's POV:
There was about four hours left to the full moon, the sky was darker then ever. "How are u staying in control so well I have never seen anything like you before" I asked Mia as both of us were lying in my bed watching the moon go down.

"Maybe I have been practicing my whole life to keep control" she said looking at me.

"What do you mean" I asked confused.

"My father used to test me. Him coming home drunk, the arguing, never being there for my mom. But the moment he walked in the door I had to keep control, I never could lose it around him or with Scott around especially with my powers" she told me, making me feel sorry for her. I took her hand and held it to my chest.

"Is he your anchor" I asked looking into her eyes.

"No, you are" she said and leaned in to kiss me of course I kissed back.

The alarm on the post started to go off and my loft door opened. Both me and Mia jumped out of bed. My sister fell in through the door, it was just her. "Cora" I said and ran over to her.

She was almost lifeless, all of a sudden she sat up and threw up mistletoe and black blood. "What's happening to her" Mia asked nervously.

"I need you to leave, I need to take care of my sister" I explained and picked up Cora and brought her to the bed.

"Your sister?, but the fire" she said confused.

"You have to go" I told her as she just stood there. "Go" I yelled, she looked at me and walked out.
_____________
Mia's POV:
After Derek kicking me out I walked/ran home. It was just me home, my mom was working a night shift and Scott was god knows where. I went upstairs and took a hot bath as I was just getting relaxed, I heard Derek howl as if he was in pain. He was the one who told me to leave.

4am was what the clock said when I was woken up by the sound of someone in my room, I noticed the window was open and a dark shadow in the corner. I turned the lamp on to see Derek just stood there. "What are you doing here Scott is sleeping" I asked whispering.

"You can't be in my pack anyone" he said like everything was being taken out of him.

"Why, is this about Scott, I can talk to hi...." Derek cut me off by showing me his eyes... bright blue.

I got out of bed and walked over to him wearing just underwear and bra. "I will always be by your side alpha or not" I told him putting my hands on his cheeks, he looked ashamed of his new/old eye colour. Both of us started to make out more passion then usual making it very hard to resist. Derek picked me up and brought me to the bed putting me on my back. He was going down my neck when I remembered. "Scott, he's here" I said catching my breath.

Derek stopped and looked at me. "I don't care anymore" he said and kept going.

Things started to heat up. I ripped his shirt off and went for his belt but he stopped me and put both of my hands above my head. He got his pants off and underwear. I got my underwear and Derek got my bra. Both of us started to make out again.

We were laying in silence when Derek spoke "I shouldn't have left u alone tonight I'm sorry, Cora caught me of guard" he said looking at the ceiling.

"She is your sister I should have respected that you didn't want me there" I said looking into my bathroom at the floor while Derek drew circles with his finger on my shoulder.

"It's not that I didn't want you there it's just if someone else had been with Cora and was waiting for me, I didn't want you to get hurt" he said looking down at me.

"You should know it is very hard to come close to a witch when your not wanted" I said making the candle light on my bedside table. It lit up the room then slowly dimmed itself out to where it was just a small flame.

"Did Scott know you were a witch when you came here" he asked.

"Yes, I moved with my dad the day I told him" I said still looking into the bathroom.

"Are you still going to have all of your powers now that you have been bitten" he asked.

I blew out the candle and laid back down"I don't know I guess we will find out when I go to use them" I said pulling the blankets up over me. Derek kissed my cheek and went to get up. "Where are u going" I asked looking at him.

"Back to my loft" he said putting his pants back on.

"You don't have to go" I said sitting up to look at him.

"Cora is back at my place and peter well I don't want to leave him with her" he said putting his shirt back on.

"Ok" I said and lied back down facing the other way and pulled the sheets up to my chin. Derek walked over in front of me.

"I will be back before you wake up" he said and kissed me. I pulled him back in for another kiss as we made out. "No I got to go" he said and stood up. He jumped out of my window and was gone, I rolled over to where he was lying it still smelled like him making me sleepy and soon did fall asleep.