Chapter 23

Beast

Leo and I wait in front of his house, waiting for the other Alphas to arrive. He told me there's a meeting regarding the Undead issue and the facility.

Since there is no real road into the clearing, the Alphas will arrive in wolf forms. Not that I mind, I've been living with only wolves around for weeks now. The Death Squad has also stayed here, and within the last 24 hours, over 30 more guys joined us, and the guys are working hard on getting even more.

I feel Leo's hold tighten on my hand, causing me to look up.

"What's wrong?" I decide to ask. He seems stressed.

"The Alphas are here."

"Okay...?" I trail off.

Before Leo can tell me what's wrong, a group of 7 wolves makes their way across the clearing. They look pissed. Something's not right.

Leo covers my eyes with his hand as the sound of bones breaking resounds in front of us.

"The fuck is going on, Kingston?! There are fucking rogues everywhere!!!" One of the Alphas exclaims enraged right after Leo takes his hand off my face. The men in front of us are all big and burly, packed with muscles. And they are all furious.

But not even one of them is as good-looking as Leo.

"If this is some fucking trap, I will wipe your fucking pack out, Kingston." Another Alpha adds.

I notice Delta approach us from behind Leo's house, causing the Alphas to snarl and growl his way.

"ROGUE!" The first Alpha growls out.

"He's with me. Delta, tell the others to not engage." Delta turns to me as soon as I speak.

"You sure, boss?"

"I'm sure."

With a slight bow he gets this unfocused look in his eyes that Leo told me about, meaning he's contacting the others.

"Leo, what's going on here?" The first Alpha, whose name I don't know, asks Leo, sounding confused now, but it's Delta that answers him.

"We are here with the Beast." Delta states seriously.

"Beast? Who the fuck is that?!" The Alpha looks even more confused.

"It's me." I answer him, my voice hard.

"Alpha Armstrong, meet my mate, Beast." Leo introduces me, not using the name he gave me, per my request.

As if on cue, all of the Alphas' eyes turn to me, looking up and down my body critically, causing Leo to growl at them warningly.

"Is Beast your name?" One of the Alphas asks shocked.

"Yes, it is." I tell him, my voice void of emotion.

"Everything will be explained later. Why don't we head to my office? Delta, are you joining us?" Leo turns from the Alphas to Delta.

"Beast?" Delta ignores Leo completely, awaiting my decision.

"You're in."

The meeting went on for few hours, with me in Leo's lap. We explained the whole Beast thing, the Death Squad and then discussed the Undead issue. We had to stop a few times, when the Alphas got really mad at some things that were being said.

"So how do we fucking go about this?" Alpha Armstrong decides to ask first.

"The Death Squad has over 50 wolves for Beast's disposal. Most of them are on their way here, apart from the 38 that are already here."