Chapter 15

“I’m Lori Hearts; your dear friend,” she smiled.

“Dear friend...,” I repeated; adding sarcasm in the tone. “Why did you do this to Edelweiss? She has nothing to do with what you want.”

She turned to close the door, and then turned on the lights. I finally saw the blonde streaks of her hair and her unexpected devious smirk. The room suddenly turned airy and gave me some room to actually breathed. I scanned the room carefully and found myself in someone’s basement; probably hers.

“You’ll know,” she shrugged. “However, if you read your mom’s diary for me, I’ll let her go. All I want is that diary. I don’t even want you,” she said in disgust. I rolled my eyes and sit still.

“What’s your problem?” I hissed. “Why do you even want it?”

“Maybe because I have the same power as you,” she said so calmly. 

I held back the urge to punch her in the face. What did she mean by having the same power as me? All this time, it had been Lori all along. I thought it was obvious. I felt terribly stupid.

“I’ll never read it to you.”

“Are you sure?” she raised an eyebrow at me.

An image flashed in my head; Indigo. It was possible if she did something to him without me knowing it. Maybe she would do it as revenge? I would never know. But I pushed the thoughts aside. This diary is my mother’s and she had no right on reading it. This was meant for me, not her.

“Yes,” I said boldly.

“Oh look at you, Elle, as stubborn as ever,” she spat. She came right after me and injected something on my arm. I let out a scream of pain and agony.

“No!” Edelweiss shouted.

Everything came to a blur.

Maybe this was the end after all.

 A/N: so yeah, finally I updated although it's short. I'm so sorry. To 'pay' you guys, I'll update tomorrow :) So please vote, comment, and follow