A Night of Memories

I thank December Silentvale for helping me.

Days after, Ayame was back at the construction site Jadeite had shown her when she was trying to train with the glove. She had been there for hours. Having gotten there hours earlier to train and make sure no one would be there to see her. Having already taken out her sword, she had been taking out her anger by practicing her swordsmanship. With all the pent up aggravation and rage, she thought she might as well use it productively.

Besides that thought, Ayame wasn't having many positive thoughts as of late. She was restless, furious, and ready to gut the next monster that wasn't originally human she saw.

It had been a few days and she still couldn't get over how close they had been to getting her brother back from that witch. Her brother had been right there! Right in front of her! She had been so close. She was about to kneel down beside him and they he was taken from their grasp. Who knew what Beryl was doing now to brainwash him and try to get rid of his memories for good.

She hoped her brother was at least putting up a good fight.

Ayame's face twisted with wicked glee as she sliced through the practice dummy she had brought with her. Slicing it in half and ramming her sword through the face for good measure. Imagining it was Beryl she had just eviscerated.

Oh, how she lived for the day when she could cut off the Queen's head. Off with her head! As the queen of hearts yelled. She could just imaging the blade as it cleaved Beryl's flesh and sundered the witch's head from her neck.

Taking a deep breath and resting for a moment, Ayame recalled the other matter that was bothering her. The day of her vision was getting closer. So far, they had been making little progress and that also bothered Ayame to no end.

The enemy had always brought the fight to them. To their city. But they didn't know the exact location of the enemy's headquarters. She had spoken to Jadeite about the matter and while he did teleport to and from it at will, it was risky.

There was the chance the enemy could recognize his energy signature. He may have freed himself of the brainwashing, but he still had the energy of the Dark Kingdom in him. Plus his real body was in the enteral sleep. Frozen for who knows how long.

Jadeite also didn't know the exact location of the base either. Since the base was underground, he had always stayed below the surface and never had a reason to check. He simply used portals or teleported himself wherever he needed to go. The same being for Nephrite and Zoisite.

'Nephrite...' Ayame thought.

She still hadn't contacted him. A part of her didn't know how. What would she say? What would he say? Especially after the last time they had met. What was there to say?

He killed her in the past, even if it wasn't him personally and the Dark Kingdom's warped and twisted version, it had still been the man that had cared for her so gently. There was no way to turn back the hand of time or fate.

What's done is done as they say. But how would she react to seeing him again? Sure she was comfortable with Jadeite and she no longer had nightmares of the final battle for Earth every night, but was she ready to face him? Would she relapse?

She felt horrible for doing this to him. Even worse since she knew he wouldn't complain. He would take whatever she could and would throw at him. But, she didn't want to hurt him. They both had gone through so much pain. What they needed was to heal the bond, and she doubted her magic glove could do that. Sooner or later, she needed to stop getting cold feet and into action.

The longer she let this go on, the longer it would take to rebuild and the more awkward it would be for them both.

Sighing, Ayame got up and packed away her things. The workers would return soon and she needed to leave before then to get some sleep and before she went on her next mission.