Romance under the Moon

I thank December Silentvale for helping me. The song is "How does a Moment Last Forever?" by Celine Dion.

Time was a curious thing and for Ayame, Jing, and Nanami, time went by fast. They had gotten together often to learn about each other and tell Nanami the full story about the Dark Kingdom and the Silver Millennium. They had been fortunate that no new monsters had appeared and enjoyed the peace. However, Ayame couldn't help but feel a little restless. Something was going to happen soon.

She was so lost in her thoughts, she hadn't noticed the time as Usagi ran right past her.

"I'm gonna be late!" Usagi cried. Ayame checked her watch and say she was right. If they didn't get a move on, they would be late. Despite this, Usagi stopped to look at the backed up traffic and police officers around.

"That looks like a checkpoint. I wonder if there's some special event happening today." Usagi said as Naru walked past Ayame and her. Ayame began walking next to her and noticed depressed air around Naru.

"Hey, morning Naru! Morning, Ayame!"

"'Morning, Usagi. Morning, Ayame." Naru responded blandly.

"Naru, you don't look so good." Ayame said concerned as she placed a comforting hand on Naru's shoulder.

"Is something wrong? You sound depressed." Usagi asked, noticing her.

Naru sighed as she probably thought of whatever was bothering her. 'I don't get it. Does Mr. Sanjoin like me, or not?'

Usagi looks at the time and instead of waiting for Naru's answer grabbed her arm. "C'mon! Don't just stand there, Naru! Let's go! We don't want to be late! You too, Ayame!" She yelled as they began hurrying.

"See ya later, slowpokes!" Ayame said as she ran ahead of them. Leaving them in her dust. Soon she arrived at school and took her seat. Sighing in relief. She watched in amusement as Usagi and Naru ran in. The bell ringing as they entered.

"Hurry up, that's the first bell!" Usagi as she let Naru go to sit in her own seat. "That was close!"

Seeing his crush enter, Umino went over to talk to Usagi. "Hey, Usagi, I've got a really big news flash! Apparently, at this very moment, the Princess from the Kingdom of Diamonds is arriving in Japan!" Umino announced.

"Kingdom of Diamonds?" Usagi asked.

"Most of the world's gemstones come from there. And tonight.. They're going to be hosting some big embassy reception." Umino explained.

"That explains the checkpoints I saw on the way here." Usagi recalled.

"They say the Princess will inherit the royal family's heirloom, which is known as the 'Legendary Secret Treasure'. They're going to be unveiling this secret treasure to the world for the first time at the reception." Umino continued.

"Secret Treasure? What do you think that it could be? I'm trying to imagine it, but I've got nothing!" Usagi complained. Ayame could practically see the question marks.

Besides Usagi, Naru added into the conversation. Still sounding depressed and hardly excited about the event of a lifetime. "I'll go and take a look for you... And tell you all about it."

"Huh?!" Usagi asked.

"Well, as you know, my family runs a jewelry store and I guess because of that, we've been given a special invitation to attend tonight's reception." Naru explained.

"I wish I could go with you, Naru! You're so lucky!" Usagi whined.

"How come you don't sound excited about it? It's not everyday us common folk get invited to an embassy party. You'll get the chance to see a real princess in person and who knows who else you will meet there. Normally, you would be so excited." Ayame pointed out.