crouched low and smiling

Start from the beginning

"Besides claiming that the Snake Sannin is up to creepy stuff?"

"Yes. The fact is, you need a sensei, someone to train you and help you become stronger. Do you have one?" Itachi asked bluntly, causing Sakura to blanch.

The pinkette didn't even have to think before she answered. "As of right now, no. After my accident, I basically got kicked off the team, had a about a week to prove myself to Hokage-sama that I can be of use, and then he sent me here with Gekkou-san. And I can't rejoin my old team with Sasuke-kun, Naruto-kun, and Kakashi-san because I've been replaced already," she summed up, frowning.

She did need a teacher. It was a must-have for any genin. Sensei's were given a team so they could pass on their skills and help their students fix their mistakes. Without one..

"Then it seems for the rest of my stay in Otogakure, I will see to it that you get trained personally."

Before Sakura could ask what he meant by the remainder of his stay, she was already behind pushed out the door with a sleeping eagle summon in her arms, still confused about what exactly happened with Nico.

"Take these," Itachi instructed, pushing something into the pinkette's free end (she had sent Nico back to Tōjinbō Cliffs earlier to rest up). Puffing her cheeks out, she felt them up, trying to figure out that the were. The items were quite heavy, seeming to be weighted down by something, and was almost like something you would wear on- Oh.

"Are these leg and arm weights?" she asked suspiciously, her arms already getting tired from the combined weight from everything.

"Yes. Put them on."

Sakura plopped onto the ground and obediently slid them into her legs and arms, before making sure they were secure. She then shakily stood up, and felt a considerable amount of success when she didn't even fall over. "Wow, these things are heavy," she puffed out, sweat already beading along her forehead.

Itachi deadpanned. "Those were the lightest available," he said, making the pinkette gawk.

Wow, I really am weak, she thought, a depressed aura coming off of her. A hand patted her head. "Don't worry, you'll get used to them. And when you do, we'll get a heavier set," the undercover nin assured her, (not that it made her feel any better).

"I want you to take five laps around the whole village at a medium paced jog. No using chakra please. While you do that, I will go scout around for the entrance to the base underground. When I get back, then we can over over your battle from earlier and see what you did wrong and how you could improve from it," he added, not bothering to wait for answer before shunshining away.

Even if Sakura would have agreed to that, it would have been a lie. There was no way that she would let some dangerous, undercover nin do her mission for her. For all she knew, he was was just using her (which is what he was technically doing anyways) to get information and didn't plan on sharing it with her.

Making up her mind, the pinkette decided to enlist Keiki to help her in her endeavors, even though there was little doubt that she wouldn't help at all. But it was her only option since Nico was currently recouping from his earlier trauma, and she wanted company.

The she-eagle appeared, annoyed at eveything already and eager to gouge her summoners eyes out. But of course, that didn't happen. She instead settled for perching on Sakura's shoulder and digging her talons into her flesh.

The pinkette winced, but didn't say anything, figuring that she might have deserved it. "Hello, Keiki-san," she awkwardly greeted her.

The she-eagle sniffed. "Sakura-san, why the hell did you summon me?" she asked in a deceivingly cool tone, digging her talons even deeper into the pinkette's skin, nearing the point of drawing blood.