Chapter Eleven

"Lola?" I call nervously. Lola asked Liam to run to the store. I hear her footsteps get close to the door, and watch it open. Her brown hair is in a bun that is hanging around her neck and she looks flustered. "First off, what have you been up to?" I ask, laughing a little. She smiles and pushes a few pieces if hair off her face.

"Oh, I've been scrubbing the kitchen floor. Finally done though. Do you know how to French braid? Amy usually does it but she has class." She asks. I nod. "Oh, good. Can you braid my hair? My long hair won't stay in this bun." Lola says, pulling her hair out. I motion for her to sit in front of me.

I grab a brush and begin brushing it out. "Lola, Liam's birthday is coming up, and I have no idea what to get him." I say as I start to braid her hair. Liam's birthday is November 17th.

"Is it seriously his birthday in 3 weeks?" She asks, shock in her tone. I laugh.

"Yeah, I know. These past 3 months went by fast." I say slowly.

"Honey, that's what happens when you're in love." She says. "I wish I had true love like that. Has Liam told you about his father?" She asks

"Yeah, he did. On the first day we met." I say, laughing a little at the memory.

"He didn't even know you and he told you? And he hasn't asked you to be his girlfriend? I'm gonna have a talk with my boy after he puts away the butter." She says, shaking her head slightly. I grab a hair tie and wrap it around the end of the braid.

"All finished, Lola." I say. She stands up and turns around.

"Start looking for a gift. You'll see something and know that it's the right one." Lola says. "Did Liam give that to you?" She points to the necklace Liam gave me 4 days ago. I blush, and nod.

"Huh." She says and then leaves the room.

<<~<>~>>

-Liam's POV-

I pull in the driveway and turn the engine off. I see my mom walk into the living room. She motions for me to come inside and I zip my jacket up. Even though it's North Carolina, it still gets pretty cold here. I grab the couple bags of groceries and head to the house. "Hey Mother." I say as I walk in the kitchen and put the few things away.

"Liam, sit down please." I hear my mom say. I turn around and sit down.

"What's up?" I ask

"You told Rose about your father?" She says

"Uh, yeah. Did she tell you that?"

"She did. And you haven't had the courage to ask her to be your girlfriend?" She asks

"Mom, please. I- I'm afraid that she's going to say no. And even if I get over that, I want it to be the right moment." I say and intake a long breath.

"Sweetie, Rose and I talked. She won't say no. She wants you to ask." Mom says. Oh. Oops.

"Okay, Mom." I say. I stand up and walk upstairs to my room. It's quiet, so I slowly open the door to find her dozed off in my bed. I walk quietly towards the bed and look at her. Her long lashes and dark, curly hair contrast with her pale skin. My eyes flick down to her mouth and I lay down next to her. She murmurs my name as I pull her warm body flush against my cold one. I kiss her temple and close my eyes.

<><><>

*2 hours later*

*Still in Liam's POV*

"Owwwww! Damn it!" I hear Rose scream. I hear a sob and then a a thump.

"What the hell?" I say out loud