The Painting of Love

Mulai dari awal

"Ayame!" Naru called out. Causing Ayame to look up. Coming towards her was Naru and Usagi. At least they didn't forget her.

Naru wore a white jean jacket with a light brown shirt and dark brown shirt. Along with brown shoes and her signature turquoise ribbon in her hair. Usagi was wearing a lavender mock turtle neck and green jacket. She wore black shorts, pale yellow socks, and brown lace up shoes. On her back was a red back pack.

"Hey, guys. Ready to go to this mystery place you mentioned?" Ayame asked.

"Yep! Let's go!" Naru said as she grabbed Ayame's hand and began to drag her with them. Whispering so Usagi couldn't hear, Naru told her where they were going. The Yumemi Yumemo Art Exhibit. Ayame never did come back to see the pictures of her and Nephrite. Now was a good chance.

When they got there and stood outside, Usagi asked. "What's this place?"

"It's an art exhibit. Remember when you, Ami, and Rei went away for a few days? Me and Naru have been here before while you were doing that." Ayame explained. "Now come on! There are two pictures I want to look for." She said as she dragged them both of them inside.

Inside, the exhibit was packed with couples, even more than the last time Ayame and Naru were there. Ayame would glance at the pictures on the wall and then look elsewhere. She was on a mission to find the paintings of her and Nephrite. Luckily, the paintings were side by side.

"Here they are." Ayame said as she released Naru and Usagi from her grip. The first painting was just amazing as she remembered the first sketch with Nephrite and Ayame in each other's arms. Looking into each other's eyes as they stood in a garden, under the moon and stars. Surrounding them were purple irises. Off in the distance was the white stone pavilion. Nephrite wore what Ayame recognized as his uniform from the Dark Kingdom and herself wore a flowing simple dress with the colors of the rainbow.

The other picture she remembered was done as well. The two of them were surrounded by fire. Nephrite's hair was a different color and not as wavy as she knew it was. His hair was also pulled back in a long ponytail. He still wore a officer uniform only a different style and was more of a purple color. She wore a pink dress with a blue bow in the back. It was if he was coming down from the heavens to help her escape the flames that surrounded them.

"Wow! These are amazing." Usagi and Naru said.

"Do you two recognize the girl and man in the picture?" Ayame asked.

"What do you mean?" Usagi asked.

"The girl in both of these pictures is me. The man in the pictures is Nephrite. We modeled for Ms. Yumemo a while back. I never got around to seeing the finished product, though." Ayame said.

"WHAT!?" Both girls asked.

"T-That's you and Nephrite?! How? When?" Naru asked. Looking back and forth at the pictures and Ayame. There was a sad nostalgic look in her eyes as she looked at the pictures. Ayame summed it up to her still missing Nephrite.

"When we were last here, I ran into him and this woman asked us to model for her." Ayame explained.

"What did she look like?" Usagi asked.

Ayame shrugged. "I don't know. Been too long." She fibbed.

"Oh, well. Either, they're great!" Usagi said.

"Aren't they? That's why Yumemi Yumeno's paintings have become all the rage now." Naru added.

"This place is packed, mostly with couples." Usagi muttered unhappily about the last part.

"You know why? Because her artwork is known as the paintings of love!" Umino said as he came from around the corner.

"Oh, Umino!" Usagi said surprised to see him and trying to remain polite.