Stars Align for a Painting

Start from the beginning

"What did you find, Ayame?" Jing said as she noticed her friend falling behind and looking at something.

"Oh, ah. Nothing important. Just a pair of earrings. Come on. We can't keep Rei waiting." Ayame said as she gently nudged her in the direction of the dressing room.

"Ayame, are you alright? I can tell you're a little upset." Jing whispered.

Ayame sighed and answered. "It's just what Rei said. The three of them are getting out of town to the beach and have some bonding time together. Usagi, Naru, and I haven't even done that together. I don't dislike Ami or Rei, but it just seems like Usagi is drifting away from me. She didn't even tell me about this, much less offer for me and Naru to come along. It hurts a little."

"Don't worry, Ayame. From what Rei has said and what you told me, Usagi can be forgetful at times. Maybe she just forgot and since you have so much volunteer work and you've been hanging out with me so much, she just didn't want to bother you. We can do something together later while Usagi and the others are gone if you want. We can invite Naru too." Jing offered.

Ayame smiled and threw her arm around Jing in a one arm hug. "Thanks, Jing. I'm glad you're my friend. Now, enough of this depressing talk. Let's shop until we drop!"

Reaching the dressing room, Ayame and Jing went to try on the swimsuits they found. Ayame culled a few after seeing they didn't fit right and weren't that flattering on her. She soon found one she liked and called out to the others she wanted their opinions. The others saying them same.

When they stepped out of the dressing room Jing wore a brown one-piece with ruffle going around the front and back. It had a slightly floral pattern to it.

"What do you guys think? The straps are detachable and adjustable. It has a shelf bra with soft molded foam cups and armhole opening for it to be worn off the shoulder." Jing asked as she gave them a twirl.

"Looks good on you, Jing. What do you think of mine?" Ayame had found swim shorts with a caress sport top. Either way she wore it, either with shoulder straps worn straight over the shoulders or crisscrossed for a sportier look, the crisscross shape made it look sporty and fun. It came with removable shaping cups and adjusts in back for a perfect fit. The fitting and fully lined swim shorts provided just the right amount of coverage and the waistband could be worn folded up or down. And both had a pop art palms design on it.

"Woah! You're rocking that one Ayame. You should totally buy it." Rei said as she showed them hers. Jing sure knew how to pick a good swimsuit.

After checking the store one last time the three of them headed to check-out. Ayame casted a longing glance at the earrings before she left, but decided against buying them. She needed to save her allowance in case of emergencies.

XXXXXXXXXXXXXX

As they were leaving, they didn't notice someone who was watching them the entire time enter the store. Purchase something and disappeared to go and proceed with his plan.

"So, where do you guys want to eat?" Rei asked as they stood in front of a fountain. They had been trying to decide for ten minutes and their stomachs were growling at them to hurry up and decide.

"I got it! I know this good Lo Mein place nearby. How about there?" Jing offered.

Rei perked up at the suggestion and soon the three of them were seated at a table and eating their ordered food. Ayame had opted for a Shrimp Lo Mein.

"I never asked before, but how did you two meet?" Rei asked after she chewed and swallowed her food.

"It was back when Kijin had gotten recognition for the photo contest. We were both not fully looking where we were going and bumped into each other. I noticed she had the same uniform you did and asked Jing if she knew you. We talked a little and she introduced me to Kijin. After that, I came over to your school and we hung out together." Ayame explained.